Play Ball

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by Oat Bucket Farm, Sep 16, 2010.

1. Oat Bucket Farm

Oat Bucket Farm New Member

Dec 13, 2009
    A half deflated fooball ended up in the goat pen one day and Tally picked it up and ran around with it and pawed at it. Of course, I didn't have my camera. But when Hershy started playing with another ball of the kids' a few mornings later, I was able to run in a grab the camera.

Hershey and Tally corner it

[​IMG]

Hershey works to get it out of the corner while Lacey(who isn't sure she likes this ball thing one bit) watches

[​IMG]

Hershey finally gets it out of the corner and bumps it aross the pen with her nose while Tally runs just in case it starts eating them now that its free from the corner.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Lacey and Tally watching Hershey

[​IMG]

As she takes it back across the pen

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and then the batteries in my camer died. Hershey plays with the ball on a regular basis now. We bought the kids a new ball.

2. citylights

citylights Member

Jul 3, 2009
    Southern California
    that's awesome! how cute are they?

3. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Aww...that is so cute.... :thumb: :greengrin:

4. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    To cute! I've thrown a yoga ball in with my foals and they have a blast with it...maybe i'll get one for my goats too. Never even thought of that.

5. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Audra how cute is that! thanks for sharing :)

6. Oat Bucket Farm

Dec 13, 2009
    Thanks :) Tally lost interest after that but Hershey still loves it. She is quite the goat with a personality three tiems as big as she is.

7. mrs. lam

mrs. lam New Member

Apr 20, 2010
    Great pics! Love to see happy goats at play! What a clown. I have a Hershey also. :greengrin: He doesn't do much of anything but eat and lay about with his buds.

Gina

8. Oat Bucket Farm

Dec 13, 2009
    Thanks! Yes she is quite a character. Between her and Tally there is never a dull moment. Tally likes to try an unlock gates and get into everything.

9. tracyqh

tracyqh New Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Ohio
    OMG! I'm in love with these LaManchas!!!!!! I wish you were closer. LaManchas are hard to find in Ohio. :love:

10. Realfoodmama

Realfoodmama New Member

Apr 12, 2010
    Santa Fe, NM
    That's adorable!

I put a ball in my goat pen and it terrified both of them...which in itself was mildly humorous, but wasn't really the result I had wanted!

11. kannm

kannm New Member

Mar 18, 2009
  12. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Awww....they look totally entertained! Mine like to roll the milk crates I use for hay around, wonder what they'd do with a ball? :greengrin:

13. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    How cute is that? They are beautiful goats.

14. Oat Bucket Farm

Dec 13, 2009
    Thanks! Lacey will have nothing to do with the ball. She doesn't trust that it won't grow teeth and eat them all. Tally doesn't pay a ton of attention to it but Hershey likes to bump it around with her nose and knees and paw at it.

15. milkmaid

milkmaid I'm not addicted - I'm in love!

How cute! I'm going to give my goats a ball and see if they like it.