Playground...Ideas? Pictures?

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by HollowbeadRanch, Jan 26, 2008.

1. HollowbeadRanch

HollowbeadRanch New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    Since we are going to be working on fencing, the barn, and the lot for bred Does, Does with kids, and weanlings starting in the next couple of weeks, I thought I would try to get some neat ideas for stuff for the kids to play on. I know that I am probably going to make one out of cinder blocks, and then I want to make another one out of something different. Hubby is a welder so I don't know if I will be able to convince him to work with wood or not, but even if he doesn't I am pretty good with a hammer and nails myself. So if anyone has any neat ideas for a playground then please let me know (especially if you have one made out of steal/metal :greengrin: ). Also, if you have pictures that you wouldn't mind sharing I can always show them to Hubby and he can come up with ideas from that as well.

P.S. Mods, if I posted this in the wrong place please feel free to move it.

2. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    If you want to go "all out" here are some photos of awesome play sets for goaties. lol. scroll down to see the photos - http://www.doubledurangofarm.com/id5.html

I have quite a few spools for the goats to play on,

3. HollowbeadRanch

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    Thanks! I will show Hubby... although he will probably look at me and say "yeah right!" LOL :ROFL:

4. trob1

trob1 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Middle TN
  5. HollowbeadRanch

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    Thanks Teresa! I also saw a really nice looking creep feeder on there for kids. I would REALLY like to have something like that so I am going to let Hubby take a look at it. I will probably keep it inside the barn for them, so do you think metal would be ok to build it with? Or wood? The cinder block arrangement they have on there is about was I was thinking about as well!

6. trob1

trob1 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Middle TN
    I think the metal would be great but maybe put wood on top for comfort. Laying on metal could get cold and slippery. I like the creep feeder too but man it looked complicated to me. I just use a goat panel converted so the babies slip thru and the moms can't.

7. HollowbeadRanch

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    That's not a bad idea either. I showed the pics to Hubby and he sayd he can do it... so we shall see :lol:

8. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    We have a bunch of big rocks that we dug up for the goats to play on, we also have a couple of wood and steel tables.

9. HollowbeadRanch

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    We have alot of big sandstone rocks on one part of our place, so we might get some of them up for the kids to play on as well. We sat down last night and decide which sections we are going to fence for now, and which ones we will work on as we go. If everything goes well I hope to start working on everything in the next 2-3 weeks :cool:

10. alyssa_romine

alyssa_romine Breaking Dawn Ranch

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
    Those websites are awesome!! I too liked the creep feeder! I might have to build me one.

11. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Chelsey, Can I bring my goats over to your place to play? That is a wonderful set up.

12. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    Oh that's not mine (I should have made that clear lol) But I do have quite a few play toys in for my goatsies. Those are photos of a farm I got a doe of mine from.

13. HollowbeadRanch

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    Once Hubby builds one I will post pics of it. Ours will probably be a little different than that one :greengrin:

14. lacy_94

lacy_94 Guest

Oct 6, 2007
    Those websites, playground are awsome, my goats would die if I got them somithing like that ;)

15. alyssa_romine

alyssa_romine Breaking Dawn Ranch

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
    mine too! They would get so excited they wouldnt be able to move!!!!

16. HollowbeadRanch

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    :ROFL: You don't have fainters do you?? :ROFL: