Playground toys?

Discussion in 'Barnyard Bananza' started by CottonwoodBoerGoats, Aug 28, 2020.

1. CottonwoodBoerGoats

CottonwoodBoerGoats Active Member

Jun 7, 2020
    PNW
    Hello! What kinds of things do you guys have for your goats to play on and maybe a picture? I’m trying to build a goat playground for market wethers and doelings to Gain muscle, thanks!

Iluvlilly! likes this.
  2. Tanya

Tanya Well-Known Member

Aaah. I built them a hammok. And they have some tractor tyres to jump all over. Also rocks. Lots of boulders. Tables and chairs and tree stumps.

3. ksalvagno

ksalvagno Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Picnic table. Little Tike or Step 2 equipment.

CottonwoodBoerGoats likes this.
  4. Moers kiko boars

Moers kiko boars Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2018
    Oklahoma
    20200504_124851.jpg Mine love the big wooden spools. Attached some wooden pallets..a slide! 20200331_111123.jpg They use this small woven net lawn chair like a trampoline.and shade.to rest.
    20200331_103057.jpg They love a teeter-totter 20200322_120133.jpg And step stool with crates.make fun mountains when you are really young!

5. Tanya

Tanya Well-Known Member

Those are so awesome

6. NigerianDwarfOwner707

NigerianDwarfOwner707 Well-Known Member

May 17, 2018
    East Coast, USA
    Picnic tables are nice.

But to be honest, nail together a plank of wood and some 2x4s or cover a pallet with a flat piece of wood. My goats LOVE platforms! Love 'em!

7. NigerianDwarfOwner707

NigerianDwarfOwner707 Well-Known Member

May 17, 2018
    East Coast, USA
    Nothing fancy is needed at all. A big plastic black horse trough flipped upside down is also very popular, lol!

8. happybleats

happybleats Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2010
    Gustine Texas
    We have a tractor tire the kids love to run on and chase eachother..push each other off lol and some rather nap inside. My boys built a very sturdy pyramid of tree limbs for the goats to run and climb on..a table with a slide soon to be attached and of course lots of trees for them to climb

Attached Files:

9. Ashlynn

Ashlynn Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2017
    Lutz, FL
    Tree stumps!
    Cinder blocks too

Last edited: Aug 29, 2020
  10. Tanya

Tanya Well-Known Member

The more natural roys. JPEG_20200829_140857_6174137966897386869.jpg JPEG_20200829_140923_6460981260221677242.jpg

Attached Files:

11. Tanya

Tanya Well-Known Member

And in the play sleep pen.

Attached Files:

12. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Neat idea's.

I have big boulders and old mobile home stairs.

13. -WBoergoats

-WBoergoats New Member

May 19, 2020
    Utah
    I saw this on YouTube! Cool idea that I’m considering doing for when the does are out to pasture.

Attached Files:

14. MellonFriend

MellonFriend Well-Known Member

This is so true. I can lay a board on the ground and my does think it is the coolest thing they have ever seen. :rolleyes:

I painted an old door in outdoor paint and put it on four cinder blocks for my bucks. They seem to enjoy it.

15. friesian49

friesian49 Active Member

Jul 2, 2018
    PA
    I started out with the wooden ramp, which they loved and still use. Then got some wooden cable reels, which they sleep on just about everyday. Thought they'd love a see-saw, but it scares them - only picture I got was the day it came. I've asked my handyman to cut it up to make an a-frame or something else that they can just walk up on - they don't like the noise it makes when it hits the other end. And they are not the most agile of goats - not like the smaller breeds!

A tree fell in the pasture last Thursday, got all but 2 big logs out and they don't even bother climbing on it - I think cause we all know they'd end up doing a split and hurting themselves and then old Kelly would be worried and messing with them more!

Attached Files:

16. friesian49

friesian49 Active Member

Jul 2, 2018
    PA
    How did you attach the pallets? Screw/nail? Big girls get up there with no issues? Think my girls weigh in around 170 now.

17. Moers kiko boars

Moers kiko boars Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2018
    Oklahoma
    Hi..yes i used screws. On the pallets..i overlaid 2x4s on the open slots. So its like a step. The top i screwed large squares of used plywood. Its all screwed together..so my big girls can play with the kidds. No big holes for them to get hurt on. And I screwed the slide on the wood also. My teeter-totter..doesnt go up in the air. They climb up it and jump off or play king of the hill. I was worried if it moved like a teeter totter..some kidd would get smashed. So its long on one side..and short on the other.

18. goatblessings

goatblessings Fair-Haven Supporting Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Southwest Ohio
    Upside down leaky water trough, buried tractor tire, large stumps and logs. Hours of fun and no $$ invested. IMG_6967.JPG

19. Idahogoats

Idahogoats Active Member

Sep 5, 2016
    Lenore
    They look like they are having fun. My two wethers are big now. Even my little Bun bun (Nigerian dwarf) is pretty good sized. They are so cute and little.

CottonwoodBoerGoats likes this.