Pleasantly Surprised!

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by cdtrum, Feb 3, 2010.

1. cdtrum

cdtrum New Member

Aug 25, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    So I decided this year I wanted to have my vet come out and look over the boys (4 wethers) check teeth, eyelids, overall health check and give them yearly vacc's, as I hate giving shots! Murphy also had to have a scur taken care of....vet sawed off the end of it. I also was not crazy about having to take the 4 into the vet. So I have been putting some of my extra spending money back to cover the expense.......hubby went by the vets office to pay the bill yesterday and to our surprise it was ONLY $56.00!!!!! I could not believe it......I had planned on it being anywhere from $100.00 - $180.00, or more.....so now I have extra money left, I'm going to antique auction this morning :greengrin: !!!!!

2. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Not expecting to have extra$ when a vet visits is always a good thing!!

Hope you find some great treasures!

3. ProctorHillFarm

ProctorHillFarm New Member

Wow- my farm call alone is more than that ($60!)

4. creekbottomgoats

creekbottomgoats Member

Dec 2, 2009
    Mississippi
    Wow that's great! My vet would have charged me more for just taking a ride out. Enjoy the extra cash! :dance:

Connie

5. Trace

Trace New Member

Dec 28, 2008
    That is very cheap.

I was surprised at how cheap goat shots were when my vet came out for a meet and greet after I aquired my two little devils.....

6. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    WOW I think we all need a vet like yours. Can you send him this way?

7. wookiee

wookiee New Member

Oct 26, 2009
    Yea I could use a vet like that. I just payed $95 for one Bo-se shot for my doe. Farm call + exam (although he didn't touch her) + bo-se shot.

Bo-se was $22.

I seriously can't afford that for all my does so I hope he gets to the point that he will just give me the shot.

8. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Member

Oct 19, 2009
    It's always nice to have extra money! Find something cool :D