The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm really trying to learn what to look for in conformation, and I'd appreciate a critique on my yearling doe and 2 doelings from this year. The first picture is of my FF Mocha. She's mostly dried off, so her udder isn't much to look at. The other pictures are of the 2 doelings I still have, and I'm trying to decide which one to sell and which one to keep. Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
i like them all but if i had to choose which doeling it wold be the red one. she looks like she is more dairy than the other one. we have one that looks just like her.
the only fault of the mother and the other doe is their rumps just alittle too sloped for my taste. but since they arent set up for their pictures it's a little hard to tell for sure. i do like thr mother though

·
Boers & Nubians
1,938 Posts
Dam:
*Good length
*Depth
*Body capacity
*Straight fore legs
*Straight topline
*Level rump
*Decent brisket
*Good breed character & femininity

-Blends a tad bit badly into her neck
-Might be posty

Doeling #1:
*Nice topline
*Length
*Depth
*Great body capacity
*Strong legs
*Good brisket
*Blends well

-Lacks femininity
-Thick neck
-Steep rump

Doeling #2:
*Straight top
*Level rump
*Good length
*Good body capacity
*Nice brisket
*Nice legs
*Femininity and breed character
*Balanced

-Blends poorly into her neck
-Sharp withers

I think your goats are gorgeous! Had way too many good things to say about them, so I may have not gotten them all. I don't really know which doeling I would keep. Obviously I have more good things written about the red doe, but I think the buckskin is very different and unique compared to her dam. It depends on your buck and which will be better when bred to him. :)

·
Registered
8,709 Posts
Depends on what you need to add to the herd and what your buck is like in regards to the doelings... I agree with everything Katelyn said.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts