The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
***in advance I apologize about picture quality***

Hello all! :D I am just starting out in the goat world and have some question about the quality of this prospective doeling I'm currently indecisive about.

She is an 88% Boer that is registered with the ABGA. Her dapples are striking, but even though I would love to experiment with color, I feel that the overall quality of the particular goat may be more important than the pattern. And with my lack of knowledge in goat conformation... I would love YOUR help! :laugh:

I am curious. Is her conformation is too far gone for there to be any chance of good attributes in her offspring? :confused:

Attachments

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's what I said when I first spotted her (ha. "spotted")! She would be bred to my very first boer if everything works out. :)

Attachments

·
14,615 Posts
He has much nicer rump so he should correct that in any off-spring. Nobody wants steep rumps, they say there's more of a chance for difficult birthing but one of my girls has debunked that theory time & time again.
Your doe is pretty!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The pics make it hard to judge her.
I will take some more tomorrow to make it easier ;)

He has much nicer rump so he should correct that in any off-spring. Nobody wants steep rumps, they say there's more of a chance for difficult birthing but one of my girls has debunked that theory time & time again.
Your doe is pretty!
I ended up purchasing her so I will hope their kids' backs balance out. Hopefully Stella will be as lucky as your doe!:thumbup: and thank you very much. :)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
I finally got a picture taken! :clap: I do have to say that her back is definitely not straight, but as a first time goat owner I sure can't buy perfect at the moment. Luckily, she has a sweet personality! :lovey:

Oh, and I hope she is set up decently...

Attachments

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks! I tried taking pictures of my other does too (just for fun), but Sable hasn't come around yet to be all cuddly and Millie doesn't like me screwing around with her feet. She's such a spoiled baby. :rolleyes:

Oh, and your boers are BEAUTIFUL. :love:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts