The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Goat Girl
2,018 Posts
That does look funny... hmm I'm not really sure on this one I've never seen one like that before. I would be interested to see her with an udder and see if that teat keeps pointing backwards or not. If it does that would probably be pretty hard for kids to get a hold of.

·
14,615 Posts
They appear to possibly have double orifices. If they are it is a DQ for show but kids will do fine on them.
I have one like this, her teats just didn't look right when she was young. She has had several sets of trips & quads & hasn't passed it on.
Some of my girls teats go every which way but straight down; almost impossible to hit a milk bucket but kids never have a problem.;)

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I hope not we bought this doe to show :/ and then breed when she's older but she's only 6 months and we planned on showing winter-summer

·
14,615 Posts
I sure hope Im wrong about your doe!
My girl with double orifices had boxy looking teats as a 6mo old. I had no clue she had them until a judge pointed them out.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Okay guys, I tried my best to get an up close pic. It's not great but I think you can see the orffice well enough. She only has one! (From what I can tell. And I pray and hope) but she does have a small nub teat growing beside it. Maybe the reason for the odd growing?

Attachments

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
Oddly shaped teats can also mean that she is a carrier of fish teats. At least this is what I have been told. Breed her to a buck with perfect teats.

It will be hard for us to tell from pictures if it is a double orfice. I could tell if I could see her in person but unfortunatley can't. Maybe have another breeder check her as well?

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I've sent to all 3 of my breeders and they said its fine. I still think it's weird but I guess we will see how her babies do!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts