Please Evaluate this Lamancha Doeling

Discussion in 'Dairy Diaries' started by shadycreekgoats, May 11, 2010.

1. shadycreekgoats

shadycreekgoats New Member

Mar 23, 2009
    Northern Illinois
    I am thinking of getting this doe and am wondering what you all think of her confirmation. Her lines include One*Oak*Hill, Kastdemur's, Autumn-Acres, Lucky*Star, etc. :)

She was born in February. The first pic is a little blurry :wink:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is her Dam who is a CH
    [​IMG]

This is her Sire
    [​IMG]

I would love to hear your opinion on her. :)

2. shadycreekgoats

Mar 23, 2009
    Northern Illinois
    oh I forgot to add, her sire is obviously in rut when they took that pic

3. MiGoat

MiGoat New Member

Apr 21, 2010
    West Michigan
    She has a beautiful feminine head and face.

4. Idahodreamer

Idahodreamer Senior Member

She has an awesome topline, that is for sure. Very feminine. ;) I think you couldn't go wrong with buying her, both the parents are really nice . . . . :drool:

5. shadycreekgoats

Mar 23, 2009
    Northern Illinois
    thanks!!

I think she has a lot of potential.
    This is what I thought of her; very level over the topline, great feet/legs, nice arch to her eschetchon, seems to have a nice neck, & is very dairy.

Please correct me if I'm wrong. :)

I think I'm going to be getting around 2-3 lamancha doeling in the next few weeks. :) Hopefully the one shown above and one from goathappy!! :greengrin:

6. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    overall she isnt a bad doeling.. she's short in body for my tastes, and i don't like her head.. i think over time it will grow to be like her dams, with a bit of a roman touch to it.. but that's not a major issue

her neck is also a little short for my tastes.

she's a pretty uphill girl.. and she's got nice capacity for such a young animal. I'm hoping she stays strong in the back.. looks like her mom is weakening a bit in that chine

7. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Do you have a pic of the sire's dam? Her dam almost looks to have a small pocket in the udder - ....

8. shadycreekgoats

Mar 23, 2009
    Northern Illinois
  9. GotmygoatMTJ

GotmygoatMTJ New Member

I think she is a very nice girl. A little short length wise but it looks like she is quite tall, nice legs, good slope too. Her mom's udder looks nicely shaped from this side.

I like her but pictures can speak a million words or a million lies....

10. Jenna

Jenna New Member

Jan 7, 2009
    i like the overall look of her. It is kinda hard to see from the angle but her sire seems to have a nice head. ( with my extremely limited knowledge of Lamancha).
    Her dam seems to need a little more depth. she looks a little short in those pictures but to judge that you erally need to see her on the move. She seems to have real nice feet and legs - though she may be a little over at the knee? I like her.