PLEASE for the love of your animals -

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by kelebek, Aug 8, 2008.

1. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    PLEASE PLEASE use a reputable lab!!!!

DO NOT use Pan American Lab - use a STATE Veterinary Lab such as WADDL, UC Davis, or other STATE labs.

When I have more details I will share, but lets just say, my labs were NOT correct along with some others that I have read about.

Please test with a good lab! You do not need to be a vet to send in to these labs.

2. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    BUMP 4 you!!! Oh gosh, that's scary Allison. ((Thinking out loud)) Don't know if CL or CAE is related,,,but thinking about this...if the tests came back incorrect! Yikes! What if they came back CL pos. when they weren't and you put the goat down before you found out the lab tests were incorrect!!! Scary! I would be soooo mad and sad and upset!

Let us know what's up.

~Kylee

3. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    Does this have anything to do with Sara's goat?

4. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    I would like to mention rather than using a state veterinary lab, please contact the lab and find out if they are certified to do the CAE tests, there are certain state labs that although they do the CAE test, they are not certified for doing so and the tests can be off. I've talked to several breeders who have said that testing with labs that are not certified will result in inaccurate tests.

There are only a handful of state labs that are certified to do CAE testing, WSU, UC Davis, Colorado are a few, I *think* Texas and Ohio also are.

5. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    I have not been able to get ahold of Sara since all this happened with her goaties, so I am not sure what lab was used in her case.

Lets just say that I am crying :tears: :tears:

6. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Oh gosh Allison :hug: ... :tears: I feel bad and I don't even really know what happened. I could guess, but don't really want to :( I hope all is well with you!!! And Sara!!!

7. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    What ever you do - don't believe anyone, always test for yourself, and use a reputable lab - enough said.

8. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    What? What happened? Nobody every tells me anything! :(

9. alyssa_romine

alyssa_romine Breaking Dawn Ranch

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
    I will deffinately not use them!

10. all1965

all1965 New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    AR
    here is a thread on another board about people having a bad experience with PAVL. They then retest it with either WAADL or UC Davis and their animals came back clean.

http://homesteadingtoday.com/showthread.php?t=262664

My vet sent ours to WAADL and all 20 came back clean for CL and Johnes.

11. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    good thread and discussion.