The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought 2 does 2 days ago. I was told by the gentle man that they are both bred and due within 5 days to 2 weeks at the latest. They are mother and daughter and the mother has had 2 past deliveries and the daughter 1 delivery. So they both have had prior pregnancies. Well I came to this forum to see what I should expect and what I have seen is that my does look nothing like the other does on this site close to kidding. Just a little more info while neither girl has hardly any tummy to speak of the darker girl has a swollen vulva, a milk bag, and I'm 99% sure I felt movement when I felt for it after reading how to on this forum:) but her mother the lighter one with the brown head has no udder to speak of and no tummy and vulva looks normal. So my question is is it possible to look like this within a week of kidding and be pregnant? Does her daughter the darker one look pregnant?

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here are some pics

Attachments

·
Dave (TDG Farms) S.E. Washington State
4,956 Posts
Neither of them is due in a week thats for sure. And how someone cant know if their animals are breed is beyond me. Thats just lazy herd management. (Not you the person you bought them from). Though I would lean more toward the fact he was trying to get more money outta them or trying to up their saleability by saying there were due soon.

·
86 Posts
# 1 yes , maybe a week or more # 2 I think yes but has a while to go I think. Learn to feel the Lig's to know when. Good luck ,you will be fine.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow thanks my poor daughter has been checking on them every hour because she heard the man we bought them from say they are due in a few days. I guess I will tell her it is safe to go back to school tomorrow. Doesn't sound like she is going to miss anything:( she is 7 and beyond excited for babies:)

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I emailed the man I purchased them from and he swears that the darker one is due very soon he says the other doe that was put in with the buck on the same day as my 2 girls kidded on Saturday. So she should be anyday and that her mom the lighter on is about 2 weeks behind her. I guess I can do nothing but wait and see. To bad waiting is one of my least favorite things:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts