The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys.
Oh my gosh... so, we banded one of our bucklings last night. He was very dramatic for an hour or so but this morning seems okay: trotting, playing lightly, no signs of pain other than a slightly posty walk and not wanting to play rough. He peed and pooped normally when I went out to feed this morning. HOWEVER, while I had him out to observe him after feeding, he peed and it came out sideways like a sprinkler from under his belly. Then, when he went to sniff at it (as he does), I noticed that the tip of his penis looks mangled and inflamed as if he’s been chewing on it. What the heck?! I’ll try to get pics, but it’s the inner part of the penis that is inflamed, not the sheath, so I have to wait for him to stick it out again. Wow, the life of a goat owner...

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
For clarity: when I say “mangled” I mean bruised and kinda pulpy looking, but no blood.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I don't think I would be able to tell any good info unless I see it... but keep an eye on it if it gets worse...

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just spoke to the vet and she said it could just look funny because he’s trying to have an erection after getting banded. Will keep an eye on it and update.

·
Registered
30,573 Posts
Definitely keep a close eye on it. If he chewing on it..will need a collar to prevent him from reaching it. You can make one if needed. Keep us posted

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Update: He has seemed normal since then, and his penis/sheath look normal now. What a weird experience, I hope it wasn't painful for the little dude!

·
8,163 Posts
Is it possible that the tissue that tears the first time he extends may have been irritated and sore? Maybe a piece of hay got in between the sheath and his penis and he was trying to get it out.
Glad he is better.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts