Please help newbie with pooch test

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by mandyoz, Jan 7, 2011.

1. mandyoz

mandyoz New Member

Jan 7, 2011
    Hello everyone,
    I am brand new to the message board and to goats! About two months ago I purchased two boer cross (Betty and Flo) that had been running with a buck for three months. I was desparately hoping they were pregnant. I am sure Betty is not but was holding out hope that Flo was - after reading nearly the whole of the board on pooch tests etc I am pretty sure she isn't. In a last desparate bid I will post a photo just incase someone can proove me wrong! I can get a couple of better photo's if needed but I think I know that all the wonderful people on this forum are going to say don't bother. This is a photo of Flo, she has kidded before (or so the previous owner told me) - I am holding my breath hoping you will all tell me I am wrong and she is pregnant lol.....
    Thank you, from Mandy in a very very flooded Queensland Australia.

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I will be happy to do a pooch test for you -- do you have a before and after pic?

3. mandyoz

mandyoz New Member

Jan 7, 2011
    So sorry I do not have a before picture. I am so new to this I didn't think there was a pooch test - how clever! I am having trouble getting the photo to load - fingers crossed this works,
    thank you so much.

Attached Files:

• flo.jpg
      flo.jpg
      File size:
      39.4 KB
      Views:
  4. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    I can't really tell, the pic is a bit too dark and a tad too close :(

I know how frustrating it is to get goats to co-operate! The only way I can get udder or pooch pics of my girls is if they have their faces in the freshly filled hay racks! Even if I put them up on the milkstand with grain, they hunch up and that tail flattens down. :veryangry:

Try again, with a pic taken outside in natural light, with a nice enticing bunch of branches or hay, she'll be happy enough to oblige.

5. mandyoz

mandyoz New Member

Jan 7, 2011
    Ok here we go,
    the first three images are of Flo
    the last two are of Betty
    fingers crossed these are better!

Attached Files:

6. greatcashmeres

greatcashmeres New Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Maine
    Hi, I'm not as experienced as others on the pooch test, so I will not give an answer for your girls.

Here is a link to an old post on here on how a pooch can change. viewtopic.php?f=16&t=6281&hilit=Before+and+after+pooch+test

Go down to fcnubian's post and you will see a picture of her goat and the change of the pooch. I thought it would help you get an idea of what you're looking for, until more experienced members get back with their answers about your girls.

7. mandyoz

mandyoz New Member

Jan 7, 2011
    Thank you I will take a look now

8. mandyoz

mandyoz New Member

Jan 7, 2011
    Hi, are these pictures clear enough? I can go and try to take more if needed
    thank you :)

9. Goober

Goober New Member

Aug 21, 2009
    I am not too good with pooches either, but it sorta looks like Flo's udder may be starting to fill just slightly. Not sure, it may just be the "way she hangs". BTW, how old are they?

10. mandyoz

mandyoz New Member

Jan 7, 2011
    Hi There,
    Flo is 6 yrs old and Betty is 5yrs.

11. minibarn

minibarn Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2010
    ontario canada
    I'm not great with pooch tests. have their udders gotten fuller since your pics?