Please HelP!! Urgent!!

Discussion in 'Goat Management' started by tylerj5699, Oct 7, 2014.

1. tylerj5699

tylerj5699 New Member

Oct 7, 2014
    Hello, my name is Tyler and im involved in my schools FFA program. A few days ago I gave my goat a shot that the people gave me. I did it in the loose skin on his neck as directed. Today, I noticed a long small lump near the region of the shot. Im not sure what it is or how to treat it. Im not sure if it is related to the injection. The goat has been eating and drinking normally. Thanks

2. cowgirlboergoats

cowgirlboergoats New Member

Apr 29, 2012
    I believe, but correct me if I am wrong, that it is just were the shot went it to the neck. After a few days ( once again correctly me if I am wrong) that it will disappear. So don't worry to much about the lump

Also Welcome TGS

3. happybleats

happybleats Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2010
    Gustine Texas
    sometimes lumps happen after a shot...just keep an eye on it..

4. tylerj5699

tylerj5699 New Member

Oct 7, 2014
    l

The reason im worried is my goat is the only one with this that I know of.
    I fear it might be an abscess. I might just be paranoid.

5. takethelead

takethelead New Member

Dec 17, 2013
    North West georgia
    Just like with dogs I've found that with my goats, if I don't rub on the injection site(especially on the neck) they will have a lump. I gave my goats a cd&t recently and 2 had lumps and the rest didn't. It went down within a few days.

6. rebelINny

rebelINny Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2014
    As stated above, it sounds like just the injection site lump that will likely go down in a day or so but I always rub the lump for a little while after to help it release quicker.

7. nancy d

nancy d Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2007
    near Seattle
    CDT lumps are on the common side, that is why we rub it good as soon as it is given.
    It really should go away over the course of a few weeks. When is your show?
    Also why most of us give it either in the armpit or in the front of the neck down low where there's lots of skin is a good place too, where it cant be seen.

8. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California