please help with ideas for article!!!

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by ohiogoatgirl, Feb 11, 2011.

1. ohiogoatgirl

ohiogoatgirl New Member

Jan 31, 2010
    ohio
    hello! i'm looking at this one website to get paid to write articles. it looks great and you can pick the topics to write about. gonna have my dad look it over before i join. so what should i write about? here is the topics page: http://hubpages.com/topics/
    it has a topic for farm animals and if you click on that it takes you to another page broke into individual animal topics. i'm going over my books and what i had troubles with. so what should i write about? and other topics besides goats too. ha ha!
    thanks!

2. HoosierShadow

HoosierShadow Senior Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky
    Sounds like fun :) I'm sure if you sit down and make a list of things that interest you to write about, and then figure out what others might find interesting, you can research information as you go. I'm not sure how much interest goats would draw with that website? What other animals do you know a lot about, and what would be an important topic, one that would get readers attention?

I have a friend who is a writer and he writes for a website similar to this one. He writes about horse racing and really enjoys it.

Good luck, have fun with it, and definitely share with us any articles you do write :)

3. ohiogoatgirl

ohiogoatgirl New Member

Jan 31, 2010
    ohio
    well it goes by topic. which are broke down into subtopics. so its like: animals-dogs, cats, exotics, livestock, birds,... and under livestock- cows, pigs, goats, chickens,... there are about 20 articles under goats. the only one on milking goats is a small article with a bunch of pics but its using a milk machine. si i can do one on hand milking.

~topics for articles~
    hand milking
    making a raised garden bed
    growing potatoes in hills
    growing the 3 sisters (corn, beans, squash)
    intesnive planting a garden
    companion planting
    pack goats
    harness goats
    breeding goats
    goat kidding

anything anyone would like to read an article about? anything you might be interested in to give me an idea would be helpful. thanks!

4. ohiogoatgirl

ohiogoatgirl New Member

Jan 31, 2010
    ohio
    good heavens! i was expecting like 10 ideas... now i have WAY more topics that i am knowledgable in then i knew i knew... hope i typed that so you understand what i mean...
    since i am on a few forums and each is about different things i figured i would ask on all the forums... now here is my whole list:
    ~topics for articles~
    hand milking
    making a raised garden bed
    growing potatoes in hills
    growing the 3 sisters (corn, beans, squash)
    intensive planting a garden
    companion planting
    pack goats
    harness goats
    breeding goats
    goat kidding
    building a root cellar
    dehydrating garden produce
    making noodles
    Winter camping (with goats?)
    Best diet for raising and maintaining packgoats
    Making homemade beef jerky
    Gardening for dummies (in cold climates)
    Caring for your farm animals during the winter

months
    Hoof trimming 101 for goats
    Training tips for goats
    Natural fertilizers and how to use them
    mulching
    composting
    candle making from goats milk
    heirloom varieties of vegetables
    starting from seed or transplant?
    lasagna gardening
    hydroponic gardening
    alternative energy
    water conservation
    xeriscaping
    edible flowers
    saving seeds
    green manure / cover crops
    chickens
    goat milk soap
    raising & feeding pigs
    meat rabbits
    cooking with dehydrated foods
    wild food- foraging

i think i have enough to last me a while!
    thanks everyone for your ideas!

5. milkmaid

milkmaid I'm not addicted - I'm in love!

Maybe you could write an article on "How to Milk a Nigerian Dwarf" and include pictures? When I was learning to milk I could hardly find anything about Nigis.