PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Waiting Room' started by mikenandrea, Mar 18, 2010.

1. mikenandrea

mikenandrea New Member

Oct 21, 2009
    PLEASE tell me she is not ready to go now!! :pray: What is this coming out of her!!!! My husband is at the car auction tonight and I am here alone.. "I ain't never birthed no babies, Miss Scarlet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" :shocked:

How long does she have before she goes kerplunk?

[​IMG]

2. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois

3. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Do you know her due date?

Has her udder filled at all ...if so ...how long ago ..when it started to develop?
    Is it tight?

Some does do ooze out a discharge... way prior to kidding....

4. mikenandrea

mikenandrea New Member

Oct 21, 2009
    She is due around now.. I know this doesnt help.. Let me go snap a shot of her udders.. I will also feel them to see if they are tight..

5. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Looks more like it could be her plug... an udder shot would help too.

6. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    it does look like she has dropped from the picture

7. mikenandrea

mikenandrea New Member

Oct 21, 2009
    ok.. please dont think I am crazy.. But here is the best I can explain the feeling of the udder.. They DO NOT feel like mine did when I gave birth.. Not really firm.. I have never had any experiences at this so not sure what a firm/full udder on a goat is suppose to feel like.. Does that make sense? :ROFL:

Here is an udder shot:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

oh man.. this is so gross to me.. I REALLY need to get past this stage.. I HOPE I dont have to do this without DH.. Lord I dont know if I can.. I have a very weak stomach.. Funny how poo doesnt bother me as much as it use to though.. :p

8. mikenandrea

mikenandrea New Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Here is a photo of her last week:

[​IMG]

9. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN
    I think she will wait a while yet...:)

10. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    well. looks like she's dropped, but her legs arent posty yet and udder isnt quite there, feel the bones on either side of the base of her tail. if you can wrap your hand around the bones then she's close. I'd give her another week

I

11. mikenandrea

mikenandrea New Member

Oct 21, 2009
    This is a relief to hear.. She is very touchy feely right now.. I need to trim up her hair. Not sure how to go about doing that.. What kind of clippers and stuff do you guys use? How do I clean up the area and get her ready for birthing and milking?

12. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    any electric clippers work, I use Andis AG2 two speed

trim the tail hairs on either side, i just take it the the skin on the sides and block off the end. then shave down either side of the inside legs and shave her udder down short.

13. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    I agree. she has some time yet....I use the Wahl pet clippers, work great for shaving the udder , also, if you want to, I also trim the sides of the tail fairly close to avoid the "hangers", similar to what your doe has already.

Her uneven fill indicates that she had kids unevenly nursing, meaning that one side produced more than the other. As far as how a pre birth udder feels, since you felt her now...it will feel very different when she is ready to deliver.

Goat births are like any birth...MESSY, don't let it sway you though when a baby needs to have it's nose cleared in order to breathe, most does do this on their own but if you are present it helps to have a towel ready to do it for mom.

14. mikenandrea

mikenandrea New Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Thanks for all the help ladies!

15. mikenandrea

mikenandrea New Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Is there a way to correct this, this time around?

16. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Yep...if she twins, make sure both teats are nursed from AND also milk the side that is smaller to help increase the production, if she has a single, teach it to nurse both sides while you also milk.