The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7,609 Posts
I'm no expert, but if it were mine I would be heading to the vet... How old? Boy or girl? Sorry no real sound advice, but I would be freaking out too!! Hope someone chimes in, but my 1st reaction would be a vet.

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
I would force water/electrolytes into him and check what he's grazing on. There are some plants that will turn a goats urine blood red. Let me see if I can find the list and I will get back.

Use a drench syringe to force fluids if he won't willingly drink. To take his temp you do it the same way you do a human baby, rectally. Only insert the thermometer in about 1/2 inch.

·
7 does - 2 bucks - 1 wether
11,090 Posts
I agree that I would be taking him to the vet, all we can offer you here is educated guesses. Is he straining when he pees?

·
Registered
31,035 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you all so much! I called the vet and we got him in. It was from him drinking water from a bottle. :( uh. Im new to goats. I feel so bad, like its my fault. He didnt drink a bunch but it doesnt take much apparently.

·
Registered
31,035 Posts
so glad it turned out...its not common knowledge , dont feel bad : ) we are ll learning new things daily :D

·
7 does - 2 bucks - 1 wether
11,090 Posts
I agree, don't feel bad. If I hadn't read it on here I wouldn't have known not to do it. Life's a crazy learning process! :hug: Keep us up to date on how the little man's doing.

·
Registered
7,609 Posts
I'm glad you figured it out and that he is going to be okay... We are all learning, and I have to admit that I wouldn't have thought about that being the cause..... but after reading on here I have learned so much... and still learning... Glad everything will be okay... let us know how your little guy is doing:)

·
Well, my username says it all... :)
2,751 Posts
I was just going to ask if he was drinking water from a bottle, but happybleats really beat me to it.

:) Glad he is okay. I would have freaked out too if I hadn't known about the water bottle thing.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts