Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by Dreamchaser, Mar 21, 2010.

1. Dreamchaser

Dreamchaser New Member

Oct 29, 2008
    Camp Verde, AZ
    I just found out that my husband is now virtually blind. He can nolonger do the things that he needs to do. I was thinking about quitting my job, but I think that if I can cut it back to 2 days a week, that it will help greatly. Hopefully my boss won't flip out on me. She's a tough one. *wink*

I am also looking into a part time job where I can work Sundays and make more money in tips. This would help fill in our household income for some of the days I will lose. *fingers crossed*

2. Rainbow Meadows Farm

Rainbow Meadows Farm New Member

May 26, 2009
    New Hampshire
    :pray: being sent your way. I hope everything works out for you and your family.

3. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    so sorry to hear that -- praying that you can get the jobs you need that fit your scheduling needs

4. Tyler

Tyler New Member

Apr 26, 2009
    Central Illinois
    :pray: :pray: :pray:

5. farmgirl42

farmgirl42 New Member

Jan 2, 2010
    Eastern Ohio
    So sorry to hear about your husband's sight. Will definitely :pray: for you and your whole family.

6. farmergal

farmergal New Member

Jun 19, 2009
    Northern California
    :pray: winging their way up for you...

7. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Prayers sent your way.... :hug: :pray: :pray:

8. Dreamchaser

Dreamchaser New Member

Oct 29, 2008
    Camp Verde, AZ
    Thanks. This was really quite a shock. My DH told me on Friday night. He was really scared when he told me that his vision had changed. He told me that he really wanted me to think about it. We have had some real bumps in our marriage, and he wanted me to decide if I really wanted to be married to a blind man. It is a big responsibility in it's own right, as I have to make more time to care for him and basically take over the business that we run. It's a toughy. But I finally was able to reassure him this morning that I am not going anywhere.

We have decided that we will try for eye surgery in August or September. This will give us time to get the farm going good. He still can see some things right now. It is better some days, worse others. Driving is basically out of the question for him, it has gotten so bad. The surgery may not go well, it may be a complete loss where he will go completely blind. At least now he can see something, shadows, colors, outlines, etc.

9. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    good for you sticking it out -- hey maybe he will be able to stay home with the farm and you can work some to keep it going. WHo knows how it will work out. Blind people are really capable people once they put their mind to it.

Its takes a strong person to stand alongside an individual with a handi cap and I commend you for your strength and determination

10. mistyblue

mistyblue Senior Member

Nov 13, 2008
    Angleton, Texas
    :hug: :pray: are sent your way.

11. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN
    praying for you and your husband...it is really hard but I think you will find you have made a good decision *hugs*

12. Shelly Borg

Shelly Borg New Member

Nov 2, 2009
    Redding CA
    In CA there is something called IHSS (in home support services) they pay care takers to take care of handicap in there own home. I get hours for taking care of my autistic son. Being blind your husband may qualify. I do not know if your state has this but it may be worth looking into. Good luck. :D

13. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
  14. Lawanda

Lawanda New Member

Jun 11, 2009
    West Virginia
  15. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    You are an extraordinary person..... :hug:

You may of already did this.....but...I will ask ...
    Have you asked for a second and 3rd opinion? It is best ..to have different opinions...and different options ...along with eye surgeons.. that have great reviews.. that have performed this procedure with success....and have done many of them... maybe if... you can talk to people.. that had the surgery done(if possible) to find out their outcomes...and what doctor performed it..... Be sure to ..do re-search and find the best surgeon... that has a great reputation...... I will pray... that the surgery goes well and he will get his eye site back 100% :pray: :hug:

16. Epona142

Epona142 The farm that Hope began

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    You guys CAN do this.

I am legally blind. I cannot drive, or do a lot of things that sighted people can do. As it became worse, I had to give up more and more, including my careers outside of the home.

It doesn't stop me. I work from home, its not the best job, but its a job. I get everything that needs to be done, done. With extremely powerful contacts, I see well enough to function, and honestly, unless I tell people, they don't know. Unless they catch me on some unfamiliar stairs anyways. (I have no depth perception at all.)

It makes things harder, but doesn't make my husband love me any less.

Be aware your husband will get frustrated with things he cannot do. I know I do at times. This can come out as anger. Just try to be patient with him. It takes time to adjust to this way of life, and you never lose that bit of frustration "I could go do this if I could see"

You can do it.

And I echo everyone else, be sure to get as many medical opinions as you can. If the surgery will help, do your best to get it done.

Good luck and sending lots of love and prayer. :hug:

17. farmergal

farmergal New Member

Jun 19, 2009
    Northern California
    More :pray: sent your way, and I just wanted to say good for you for sticking it out. He needs you now more than ever!

18. Lawanda

Lawanda New Member

Jun 11, 2009
    West Virginia
    My sil is blind and deaf. She has been deaf from birth, but gradually getting blinder her whole life. She copes very well, has three children, her house is always in better shape than mine, she takes care of her whole family.

It is not easy, but it is possible, and happiness is not out of the question ;)

19. greatcashmeres

greatcashmeres New Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Maine
    I am thinking of, and :pray: for you and your husband as you make your way through the medical decisions and his condition. Wishing for the best outcome possible. :hug: :grouphug: