Please Please Pray

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by sweetgoats, Jun 18, 2008.

1. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Oh Lord. I just received a call and she told me that about 2 miles from my house it is totally engulfed in flames. I guess a lightening storm came through the town and started three different fires. We have been so dry and no rain. Please pray that they are able to get it under control, and that no one gets hurt. They have already lost one house for sure. Pray for rain for us PLEASE. :pray: :pray:

2. enjoytheride

enjoytheride New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Humboldt Co Ca
    For your safety and all who stand in the way of the fire.

3. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    :pray: Hope you get a cloudburst and pray that all involved are safe.

4. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    OH Lori I am praying right now

5. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Thank you Stacey, Liz and enjoytheride. I really appreciate your prayers. They did get the fire under control and out by about 9:00 pm. It burned 400 plus acres and I tell you the way it burned it was really weird. It did a total horse shoe shape around a house and barn. There is a HUGE green house that grows most all the flowers for all the retailers, it came within 20 feet of them.
    I really want to thank the three of you for your prayers.

6. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    OH THANK THE LORD!!!! :leap:

7. enjoytheride

enjoytheride New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Humboldt Co Ca
    It is so heartening to hear of the remarkable saves- imagine having fire on three sides of your house - at that point you must think all is lost- then it's OK. Wow.

8. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Thank goodness you are ok!!

9. Cinder

Cinder New Member

Mar 2, 2008
    Lori - I was praying for you during that fire, I just didn't get on here to see your post. I'm so thankful you are fine and that it didn't do more damage than it did. We could smell smoke here that day and I'm guessing it was from that fire.

As I'm sitting here right now the sky has turned very dark and I hear rumbles.... I hope it's not just teasing us again. We need the rain so badly. I'm pretty sure we have no hope of having a hay crop this year. I don't know how we will buy hay to put up for this winter with my DH still being out of work. God knows... and will take care of us.

10. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Thanks all,

Cinder, did you get some rain from the storm lat night? WOW we did. It was WONDERFUL. They said the we were in the path of a tornado last night also, but I guess it never touched down anywhere. They are saying that we SHOULD get more rain today, lets :pray: because it is going to be a HOT one this weekend.