Please pray for Caesar.....

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by goathappy, Oct 12, 2007.

1. cute kids

cute kids Guest

Oct 5, 2007
    I'm not sure if you went with the anti inflams or not. keep on loving him. who knows?

even with people, head injuries are often totally a wait and see proposition. children recover more completely than adults usually. so, he is young, and that is in his favor. i do so hope all goes well.

2. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    No, we didn't go with the anti inflam, the remedies we are giving him though are for nerve and tissue damage/swelling. So we'll have to see.
    I noticed that he's more stiff today when he walks and grinds his teeth more, but that might be because it rained this morning. My hands are acting up to, so maybe it's the rain, hopefully it's the rain.

3. fritzie

fritzie New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    TENN
    the grinding of the teeth is usually a sign of pain. can you or the vet give him a shot of banimine for pain?

4. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    I know it's a sign of pain, I have banamine somewhere, I'll have to find it.

5. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    HE'S CHEWING HIS CUD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He hasn't done that for like a week so that's good!!!
    Thank you everybody for your prayers!!!! :D

6. Bona Fide

Bona Fide New Member

Oct 9, 2007
    Kentucky
    Keepin yall in our prayers here in KY!

7. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    good news!

but he had to have been chewing his cud at some point or the stuff he was eating was jsut sitting in his rumen.

8. samall

samall New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Iowa
    That's great! Hope to hear more good news today. Come on, Ceasar!!

9. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Stacey,
    I've been sitting with him most of the day previously and he had not been chewing his cud until yesterday. When the vet checked him on Friday he had no rumen activity whatsoever.
    Anyway, mom had a follow-up call with the homeopathic vet today, he advised we get Caesar's head x-rayed just to be safe and make sure there was indeed no fracture. We took him to the vet(this is our regular vet, she wasn't in town on Friday) the vet looked at him and she checked his pupils, they are not fixed anymore and he can see. I don't think he could see yesterday. We didn't have the x-rays done, she said that if he indeed did had skull fractures we would have known within a couple days of dehorning, not three weeks. She said his scab has healed over nicely and isn't infected.
    Sooooo.... I have no idea what could be going on. Polio maybe? I don't know what would have caused that, I know all the causes of polio but nothing is adding up. I'm not sure.
    We have him in an outside pen today and he's enjoying himself. He is doing much better today.
    Thank you everybody for your prayers. :D

10. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    ah, well that makes sense.

I hope he is continuing to do better, sure is a puzzler.

11. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Well he's back to normal, wagging his tail again and chewing his cud like crazy. Still don't know what was wrong with him. Oh well.....
    Thank you thank you everybody for your prayers! I owe ya'll one!!!! :D

12. fritzie

fritzie New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    TENN
    oh what great news. i am soooo happy for you & ceasar. i was thinking of him this morning & wondering how he was doing.

13. samall

samall New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Iowa
    What a relief! I'm so glad he's doing better.

14. cute kids

cute kids Guest

Oct 5, 2007
    FANTASTIC!!!! :D :D :D :D :D way to go, caesar!!!!

15. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    That's great news!!! Way to go! :p

16. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
  17. alyssa_romine

alyssa_romine Breaking Dawn Ranch

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
    Congrats on saving this little boy!!!! Way to go Caesar!!!!