Please Pray for the Church

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by sweetgoats, Dec 10, 2007.

1. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    I am not sure if you all have heard or not, but yesterday after the second church service at New Life Church a HUGE church that is known all over the world, a gun man came into the church after the service let out, walked in the church and opened fire. One person was killed several others were shot, and the security guard, shot and killed the gunman.
    They took several to the hospital and one of the people did lose the fight this morning, with several others still in the hospital.
    There were several of our friends there, and thank the lord they did get out safe. We were there Saturday night watching the beautiful performance they put on for the holiday, Wonderland.

12 Hours before that they had a shooting in Arvada (North of Colorado Springs, out side of Denver), at another church. That gunman did get away. They are trying to sort out if it was the same gunman.

This church has had some real hard times, and I tell you, if you can not feel safe in Church where can you feel safe?
  2. Pam B

Pam B New Member

Oct 15, 2007
    Southern Michigan
    FoxNews reported this afternoon that the shooter was a young man that had been thrown out of the YWAM (Youth with a Mission) program and had been writing hate mail to the church and YWAM for a few weeks prior to the shootings. A security guard at the church shot and killed him before he could do anymore damage. It's very sad. I know a lot of young people over the years who have served through YWAM and it's a fantastic program.

Here's a link to the FoxNews story:,2933,316322,00.html

3. GSFarm

GSFarm New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Fairview, TN
    How sad! It's amazing what this world has come to! A killing at a place where you are supposed to come and feel loved and safe. Prayers are with those families!
  4. goat fever

goat fever New Member

Oct 17, 2007
    Carlisle, PA
    Pray for the church and even the gunman. Who know's what kind of demon's are plagueing his soul. What would cause a person to do this. In the passed week the media, has reported on shootings at Malls, and Churches. It is a sad state of affairms when our children can't feel safe at school and the rest of us can't feel safe at mall's or churches. I pray that God will put an end to such evil and quickly.
  5. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    I am out of touch with the world today - this is the first i have heard of this. I will be praying.
  6. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    Oh wow that is horrible. I can only imagine what those families are going through. Prayers
  7. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    The news today said that the gunman had been in contact with several people that hate Christians. They tried to talk him out of doing this but they could not. They also said that he was not kicked out of YWAM, he was turned down from going on a mission a few years ago. His parents were Christians and had taken him to church all his life. We need to pray for his parents and family also. When you see his parents you can see the pain on their face and you can see how they feel like they are at fault. They said in a press report, that they feel like they failed as parents. (I fee so bad for them.
    Well they just had a breaking news report, that the gunman was NOT killed by the security guard, he died from a self inflicted gun shot.
  8. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    That is just horrible, I'll pray for the members of the church and those famililes that lost loved ones, that is just a shame.