The Goat Spot Forum banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Boer Lover 4 Life!
2,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Thank you guys so much! You all mean so much to me! Grandma is in surgery now to put a plate and pin in her wrist and a pin in her pelvis. They successfully plugged the bleed in her pelvic area. Grandpa has 6 broken ribs not 3. His hip is fractured not broken. Tried him on morphine but that didn't cut the pain. They are going to give him an epidural. He also has to go on a ventilator because his left lung is slightly punctured and he isn't taking deep enough breaths.

·
I'm not addicted - I'm in love!
5,018 Posts
Praying. :pray:

·
Boer Lover 4 Life!
2,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Update! Grandma is standing by the bed with a walker! Grandpa is still having issues managing pain. Nurses tried to sit him on the edge of the bed but he couldn't bare the pain. They will be in a rehab center for at least 3mos. They're dog is living with us. Our dog and cats have accepted her thank goodness.

·
I'm not addicted - I'm in love!
5,018 Posts
I will pray for relief of your grandpa's pain. :( Wonderful news on Grandma!

·
Registered
31,087 Posts
prayers and good thoughts heading your way...hugs for grandpa..poor guy..

·
Boer Lover 4 Life!
2,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Both were sitting up in a chair today. Grandma is being a wuss. That's not surprising because she likes the attention.

·
~Crazy Goat Lady~
29,202 Posts
So glad to hear it Kayla!! :D :stars: hope they continue to improve :)

·
Boer Lover 4 Life!
2,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Going to the rehab center right now. Grandma complaining the whole way. She has such a negative attitude. I don't think she even wants to get better. She likes all the attention too much to even care to try to get better. Grandpa is actually trying to get better. He's doing his breathing exercises more than his doctors told him to. And he does better sitting up and stays sitting up a lot longer than Grandma does. Grandma sits up for about 10 or 15 minutes and then says," Oh, I need to get back in bed." Grandpa sat up for 25 mins. for the first time Sunday. She's not even making an effort. I hope this rehab center doesn't go easy on her. The doctors told them both that this rehab center is really good and that they will work you. They will have rehab 3 hours a day. Now, whether that's all together or 1 hour 3x a day idk. But, Please pray for an attitude change for grandma. We're all tired of her saying,"I can't do it." When she won't even try.

·
Registered
31,087 Posts
Oh, im so sorry. I know first hand how frustrating it can be....I had the same situation with my mom..very hard...prayers sent..!! and a hug

21 - 37 of 37 Posts