The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Goats stolen in Alaska- can reach this person on FB Rayna Fritcher-
To my friends who own goats or know people with goats. Please keep your eyes and ears open for anyone who suddenly has a new herd of Nubians and/or Nigerian Dwarf goats. Especially if they suddenly have a bunch of kids born in the next 2 weeks. This weekend I had quite a few goats disappear out of my barn...as well as all of my 6-8 week old chickens. I'm not super concerned about the chickens, they are somewhat replaceable but I have lost nearly my entire herd of goats!!!! Whoever this a-hole is that decided to rob me, they deserve a very severe form of punishment. I worked for years to acquire these goats and many of them were babies that I bred and raised on a bottle! At least half of the does were bred and due to kid in the next 2 weeks. Out of the 5 goats left in my barn, 2 were pregnant and aborted their nearly full term triplets...I'm guessing as a result of the stress from being chased. I've lost my milk supply, and even worse my pets. What a horrible horrible thing to do!!!!!

·
Registered
471 Posts
That is horrible! I'll keep my eyes and ears open, even though I'm far away. I'm so sorry..it's so infuriating to have animals that you toiled over for years to get where you are, and then have someone steal your hard work. Good thoughts and prayers sent your way.

·
Registered
31,461 Posts
Oh My..how horriable...Im so sorry that happened...Even though IM way downin Texas...my eyes and ears are peeled..I hope he recovers his herd in good health and the person is caught

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
She's not even so much worried about chickens at all. It's all the goats! and kids and one's due to kid. The more people with eyes open the less their chances to sell. hopefully with that many and all the kids they aren't stocking them all in the freezer. I don't know if there are auctions up there, but I'm sure even they have been alerted.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Actually, 7 of the stolen does were pregnant. :(

Please share! In her interview with KTVA Channel 11 News aired at 10PM tonight, Rayna has offered to drop all charges if the animals are returned safely! Spread the word so that maybe the thieves' conscience will overcome fear of prosecution for the good of the goats.

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=htt...m-Wasilla-Farm-209591191.html&h=GAQEZR5JY&s=1

Owner of Stolen Goats Offers to Drop All Charges for Safe Return
www.ktva.com
Rayna has offered to drop all charges if the animals are returned safely!

I started the facebook page to help her out. She's a close friend that lives nearby.

·
Care giver of 4 milkers, one doeling, and One beau
915 Posts
I don't live near you so I don't think I can help much but I'm so sorry. :( I know that it would be hard for me to lose half of my herd. how flustering and annoying and one of the worst things that can happen.:sigh::sigh::GAAH:

·
Registered
125 Posts
A friend of mine had her only purebred buck, Lamancha, stolen this year. She never did find him. He was only a few days old and did not have his tattoo yet.

She'd waited three years for this one doe to give her a buckling. She is still very upset but she got a really good LGD. So far no others have gone "missing".

When I was raising sheep I lost three market lambs, one a night. Then I got my first Anatolian and never lost another one. Next year while out riding my mare i found the killing field of a large griz. All the hide pieces from those lambs were right in that spot.

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I checked CL also and had seen she had posted an ad. Hopefully she keeps renewing it as well as watching. I'm hoping with the number stolen someones looking to make a buck rather than just fill a freezer.
I live right on the highway and don't have perimeter fence so no LGD. I'm trying to get the money to at least run chain link and gate across the front of the property. Memorial day weekend that Friday afternoon. Some mini van pulled in, my husband walked out with rifle behind him and they pulled out and sped away!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts