The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to buy some more goats. They are all registered boer 50%,75%,75%,100%. Well I still need to buy a new buck, but my question is, I want to sell show goats, but is there shows for commercial goats? I live in Missouri if that helps anything.

·
14,615 Posts
There are no commercial shows that I know of.
If selling show goats is the way you want to go you are going to need a registered Fullblood buck who is either Abga (American Boer Goat Association) or USBGA (United States Boer Goat Association)
All offspring would be 50% unless the dam is registered.

·
Dave (TDG Farms) S.E. Washington State
4,956 Posts
Contact your locale fair board. They can get you in touch with some 4H leaders who will have the inside scoop on your locale boar activity. Also, check craigslist. There are boar shows but just starting out, not likely breeders with show quality boars are going to pay you much mind. So your only real market will be meat and 4H. BUT as a seller it falls upon you to test your herd and show test results to your buyers. Nothing more despicable then selling a child a (CAE / CL / Johne's) infected goat with nothing in mind but the money. Not in anyway saying you would, but if that is not something you have factored in, you need to.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I backed out on te does but I still have mine and I am looking at a full-blooded black young boer buck! He is in excellent condition and is 500$. Do u guys think his kids would sell well?

·
Registered
626 Posts
Well I backed out on te does but I still have mine and I am looking at a full-blooded black young boer buck! He is in excellent condition and is 500$. Do u guys think his kids would sell well?
Depends on his conformation and overall looks. Do you have a picture of him for us to evaluate?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts