The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got Plenty a month ago I believe it was as a bred doe. She's so puny that its hard to believe she's even bred. She is getting an udder though so I think we'll start stalling her at night and that way she can have her own feed and hay separate from the group. She's just too small in my opinion to actually have a baby in there!

I am assuming she'll kid in May. What do you think? She's a first freshener, just turned a year old yesterday. Good sized doe so I'm not worried about her ability to kid. She also has that FL coat too, maybe that's why she seems so small, she doesn't have that thick coat most of my girls have.

Anyway, I'm anxious to see when and what she has too.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Maybe she's just "hiding" her prego belly from you. My doe "Katia" has a very small prego belly, but is getting a nice udder in. She's due either 4/20 or 5/30.

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm thinking a single at this point. She's bred to Better Blues HR Noah...

He carries black and so does she so the kids could be gold, buckskin or black. Both parents are blue-eyed and Noah is also polled so blue-eyes and polled are possible. I can't wait to see what's born too!!!! :D

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks! :) She's got a very high escutcheon and I'm eager to see her udder full. I'd love to have a doeling from her too! ;)

·
Registered
3,597 Posts
Azriel's udder is a bit bigger than Plenty's and Azzy is due May 6-12 so my guess is that Plenty will go after then. But they do love surprising us!

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Really? Blessing is due 6-14 and Sarah 6-20 and neither one has any udder.

·
Registered
3,597 Posts
Hmm, yeah she has a nice sized udder. And those are her ONLY due dates. It isn't huge by any means but it is growing lol. I'll take photos tomorrow.

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've only bred Blessing and Sarah once as well and they're both udderless that I've noticed. Nimue might have just a tiny bit of one. The lady buying her had asked me to breed her so she's also due in June. She'll get her later this month. Anyway, Plenty is the only one in between Anna who's due soon and the June due girls. All does develope differently of course, so its no big deal if yours is uddering up and mine aren't. Mine tend to wait till they're about 6 weeks to just start. Its closer to a month till due when I start to really see one. I haven't clipped Blessing yet but probably will soon.

·
Registered
3,597 Posts
I clipped Azriel so that I could see the development. Her belly is getting really big!! And her kid(s) are really active and kick around alot when I feel her belly. I can't wait to see Blue's first kids!!!!!! :stars:

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Oh well then that definitely makes since. I think Plenty could easily kid close to the same time. Blessing seems to be showing for her June date.

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yes I hope she has a nice udder. She's not as wild as Hera but not a pet type either. She's pretty laid back so far.

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I wish I knew exactly when Plenty was due? Her and Anna. :p

1 - 19 of 19 Posts