Plenty is getting more udder!!!

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by Sweet Gum Minis, Apr 7, 2008.

1. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    I got Plenty a month ago I believe it was as a bred doe. She's so puny that its hard to believe she's even bred. She is getting an udder though so I think we'll start stalling her at night and that way she can have her own feed and hay separate from the group. She's just too small in my opinion to actually have a baby in there!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I am assuming she'll kid in May. What do you think? She's a first freshener, just turned a year old yesterday. Good sized doe so I'm not worried about her ability to kid. She also has that FL coat too, maybe that's why she seems so small, she doesn't have that thick coat most of my girls have.

Anyway, I'm anxious to see when and what she has too.
    [​IMG]

2. SouthernSky

SouthernSky New Member

Dec 1, 2007
    Orangeburg,SC
    Maybe she's just "hiding" her prego belly from you. My doe "Katia" has a very small prego belly, but is getting a nice udder in. She's due either 4/20 or 5/30.

3. Suellen

Suellen New Member

Mar 9, 2008
    Paragonah, Utah
    What an adorable face. I'm looking forward to see what her kid looks like. Suellen

4. Sweet Gum Minis

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    I'm thinking a single at this point. She's bred to Better Blues HR Noah...
    [​IMG]

He carries black and so does she so the kids could be gold, buckskin or black. Both parents are blue-eyed and Noah is also polled so blue-eyes and polled are possible. I can't wait to see what's born too!!!! :D

5. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    She'll surprise you Memorial Day weekend with twins :girl: :boy: ....and very pretty ones too!

6. Sweet Gum Minis

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    Thanks! :) She's got a very high escutcheon and I'm eager to see her udder full. I'd love to have a doeling from her too! ;)

7. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    Azriel's udder is a bit bigger than Plenty's and Azzy is due May 6-12 so my guess is that Plenty will go after then. But they do love surprising us!

8. Sweet Gum Minis

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    Really? Blessing is due 6-14 and Sarah 6-20 and neither one has any udder.

9. Muddy Creek Farm

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    Hmm, yeah she has a nice sized udder. And those are her ONLY due dates. It isn't huge by any means but it is growing lol. I'll take photos tomorrow.

10. Sweet Gum Minis

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    I've only bred Blessing and Sarah once as well and they're both udderless that I've noticed. Nimue might have just a tiny bit of one. The lady buying her had asked me to breed her so she's also due in June. She'll get her later this month. Anyway, Plenty is the only one in between Anna who's due soon and the June due girls. All does develope differently of course, so its no big deal if yours is uddering up and mine aren't. Mine tend to wait till they're about 6 weeks to just start. Its closer to a month till due when I start to really see one. I haven't clipped Blessing yet but probably will soon.

11. Muddy Creek Farm

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    I clipped Azriel so that I could see the development. Her belly is getting really big!! And her kid(s) are really active and kick around alot when I feel her belly. I can't wait to see Blue's first kids!!!!!! :stars:

12. Muddy Creek Farm

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    Oh lol I just realized that I put 6-12 I meant May 6th - 12th lol. :doh:

13. Sweet Gum Minis

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    Oh well then that definitely makes since. I think Plenty could easily kid close to the same time. Blessing seems to be showing for her June date.

14. Muddy Creek Farm

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    Her udder seems to be coming along nicely. :thumbup:

15. Sweet Gum Minis

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    Yes I hope she has a nice udder. She's not as wild as Hera but not a pet type either. She's pretty laid back so far.

16. Muddy Creek Farm

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    Here is Azriel's udder from today. It looks like Chenille is going to wait!!!

[​IMG]

17. Sweet Gum Minis

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
  18. Muddy Creek Farm

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    Yep, around May 6th through the 12th. And Chenille the 29th of April.

19. Sweet Gum Minis

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    I wish I knew exactly when Plenty was due? Her and Anna. :p