The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Plenty gave birth at around 1:30am this morning. Here are her sweet little doelings.

Y27 (Sunshine) is almost twice the size of her sister!

Y28 (Molly) was second born.

Both are blue-eyed, and I felt they were both polled at birth. So glad they're here and :girl: :girl: s!

·
Premium Member
10,654 Posts
They are sure dolls.

Congratulations. :leap:

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Molly just posed for tons of pictures and SunShine was so hard to get a picture of. That one above was the very last photo I took of her and it turned out to be the best one of the whole bunch I took! UH figures! :shrug:

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I was cuddling with them earlier and when I had them up in my arms those blue-eyes just popped. They didn't show in many of their pictures, but they sure are bluer than blue. I can't be sure if they're polled or not. Now that their heads have dried its really got me wondering. I guess I'll have to wait and see if horns grow in or not. :p

·
Registered
3,597 Posts
Also, Carol showed us a really cool trick about polled. Once there horn buds can be felt, feel them and if the feel sharp like a finger nail then they have horns. If they feel like a knuckle then you have a polled goat :greengrin: It has really worked for us. And usually you can feel their buds at 3-7 days.

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah, polled kiddos do have bumpies that come in, they just never push through the skin. So I'll be waiting and watching. I really really really hope they're polled. I don't want to disbud them. :(

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Oh my, want to box Molly up and send her North? :love: Congrats!

I have also heard that if they are polled they wont have cowlicks where the horns would be :shrug:

We've got a set of triplets :girl: :girl: :boy: that are polled and one doesnt have any "bumps" where the horns would be, but the other two do.

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yeah the hair swirls into a point most of the time, but some don't swirl, they just point.

Congratulations!!! My last set of blue-eyed babies were polled too. Twin boys in November. I had hoped Gwen would be polled, but she proved to be horned so we disbudded her. So I would love some polled girlies!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts