The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tilly's littlest doeling is a very small kid, she puts me in mind of a puppy, all of these babies are nibbling hay and eating grain, well she choked on a bit and I had her head down patting her ribs til she coughed and cried, she had foam coming from around her mouth and eded up with a chewed up pellet come out her nose! This kid is really tiny and was the cause of my post on "rattly nose" Since this has happened I am wondering and really need to know if I should put her on penicillian, just to try and prevent an aspiration pneumonia. She nursed from mom and was eating hay when I left the barn for the night. No coughing or breathing trouble. Her new owners are so attached to she and her sister, I would hate for her to be sick . BTW...she is 4 weeks old and is 8" at the shoulder and 9 1/2 " from chest to tail. TINY.

·
Premium Member
29,236 Posts
beings that she has been through such tramma yah I would be seriously thinking about it.

I know I dont' like to push antibiotics (and you dont' either) but you have to go with your gut and if you are thinking of it already good chance you should.

·
Premium Member
23,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Delila is doing fantastic! Theres no aftereffect from the choking and I've been putting a small amount of grain in my hand for her to nibble at instead of letting her pile around the feed pans with the other babies...this way I can watch her real close! There is absolutely no sounds in her lungs except air when I listen to her. I didn't start the antibiotic because she seems to be and is going to be just fine. Thank you for your concern.....Hope you have a Happy Easter.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts