The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm so dissapointed cause I really hoped my new goat had lung worms instead of pneumonia. Along with her dry coughing, she's now snorkling a little with a tad bit runny nose. Pooh is normal, eating fine, and no temp as of yet. Do you treat adults? and with what? I have LA200 and penn but I don't want to poke her if not necessary. Can adult goats fix themselves? I'm sure the stress of moving didn't help her none. Can I supplement her with soemthing? I have selenium gel and nutri-drench. I gave her molasses water today to hopefully encourage her to drink more. Should I just keep a eye on her?

·
Premium Member
29,236 Posts
Unless her chest is rattling she could just have a simple cold - but yes it could be pneumonia.

I woudl give her the nutri drench and if you have VetRx put a few drops in her nose - that will help too.

Probios or simular will be good too especially if you do use antibiotics.

If you think it is pneumonia I would go straight to the LA 200 and not mess with the penicillin as it isnt' as effective. NOTE: LA 200 stings so she may scream bloody murder for a bit. Just rub the area and talk softly to her. I do believe it can be given SQ as well as IM

·
Registered
603 Posts
Poly Serum can also be used for colds. 3cc for kids, 5cc for does, 7cc for bucks. give day 1 and day 4. Personally, we don't give antibiotics if there's no fever unless the goat is already sick and not moving much and we are preventing pneumonia from setting in.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts