Poll for a debate in school, please don't coment on politics

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by rkalgren, Apr 12, 2009.

1. rkalgren

rkalgren New Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Falls Creek, PA
    I am taking a speech class and need to do a debate with myself on the second admendment. I am not trying to influence this poll either way. I just need some independent research for the presentation. If this is inappropriate for this board, I appologize and will not be offended if it gets deleted.

2. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Bob....I am a gun owner and do have opinions on this.

Now, to any member wishing to help Bob out with his school project, please submit your vote and if you need to post a reason why you voted the way you did, I'm sure that Bob would be happy to have you pm him with any questions or discussion on the subject :thumbup:

Hope you get what you need Bob :)

3. Thanatos

Thanatos New Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Lake Ariel, Pa
    Waht do you mean by "quarintiene"?

4. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Does he mean guarantee maybe? :wink:

Be sure to check out back issue's of the NRA's American Rifleman if you need more argument info :wink:

5. rkalgren

rkalgren New Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Falls Creek, PA
    Sorry spelling error, guarantee. I have lots of info, I just wanted to include an independent survey in what I believe to be a nuetral forum. Every other forum I belong to is definatly biased, they are all hunting or gun dog related.

6. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I agree with Liz..... :wink:

7. GoatGirl

GoatGirl New Member

Mar 23, 2009
    Portland, TN
    Judging by the results, we may be biased too. . . :shrug:

8. Thanatos

Thanatos New Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Lake Ariel, Pa
    I feel that the ammendment does say "Leave my gun alone!!!" or sumpin like that :)

It says "shall not be infringed". which means (see above), that does not mean a person needs artillery or automatic weapons tho. no reason at all for that how ever some TNT for rodent abatement on the other hand......... :greengrin:

9. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    The founders thought we may have to revolt against bad government every 20 years or so...they felt we should be able to defend ourselves when necessary.