Polled Buckling for Sale in Central TX (near Austin)

Discussion in 'Goats For Sale' started by cyanne, Feb 21, 2010.

1. cyanne

cyanne Senior Member

This little guy is for sale, born 1/25/10, these pics are of him just about 4 wks old. Will be ready to go home in about a month or could go now as a bottle baby. He is looooong and level, and is polled. Asking $400.

Harlequin WB (you pick)
    Dam: Pecan Hollow C KitKat
    Sire: Piddlin Acres BD Whata Beau

2. cyanne

cyanne Senior Member

Here are pics of his momma's 2nd freshening udder. These are after the first time I separated her from the kids at bedtime and milked her in the morning...about 12 hours of milk.

KitKat is a dream to milk, she has nice large teats with huge orifices and she produces a lot of milk. In this first milking, I left at least half a quart for her kids and still managed to milk out over a quart of milk so she could easily do 1/2 to 3/4 of a gallon a day!

She has won RsCH twice in AGS and twice with AGDA as a junior doe. I bought her last year as a first freshener and was only able to get her to one show in milk. She was fairly stale by then and I goofed up by milking her the night before so she did not have enough time to fully bag up, but she still managed to place in about the middle of the pack for the first two rings and by the last one she had added enough milk to place 4th. I am REALLY looking forward to getting her back in the ring this Spring...I am pretty sure she will do a LOT better than 4th place! :laugh:

3. cyanne

cyanne Senior Member

Oops, forgot to add body pics! Here she is last year as a first freshener:

4. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Ooo she's nice and looks like she passed her length on to her kid. :drool:

5. cyanne

cyanne Senior Member

I just talked with her breeder after showing him KitKat's new udder pics and he said he "made a mistake selling her, she really has it this time. The udder is really is high and tight in the rear, extension of fore looks good too."

I am very excited and can't wait to get her back in the show ring! :leap: :cool:

6. cyanne

cyanne Senior Member

After talking more with his breeder and getting a better look at his momma's udder, we have decided to retain this little guy for our own herd so he is no longer for sale.

It's funny because I had been thinking how much I wanted a polled buckling for my herd and had been searching all of the nice herds nearby to buy a polled buckling out of a momma with a really nice udder...then my doe kidded a polled buckling and I thought, well, her FF udder was pretty nice but not MCH material...and kept looking for a buckling out of another herd while putting my guy up for sale. Then I finally pulled her kids and got a look at her 2nd freshening udder with about 12-14 hrs of milk in it and thought, WOW! I think I should probably keep this little guy!

So he will be staying her and hopefully helping me reduce the number of disbuddings I have to do as well as passing on his momma's udder and body.

7. Epona142

Epona142 The farm that Hope began

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    Phew! Great choice on keeping him! Here I was trying really hard not to look at him, because I just LOVED polled bucklings and that's on my list of wants!

8. CrazyAcre

CrazyAcre New Member

Jan 6, 2010
    Very Nice, but I have to tell myself No More Bucks, No More Bucks, No More Bucks.........
    But he's polled to boot!!
    Oh darn, I just can't, so good luck he's a beauty!

9. cyanne

cyanne Senior Member

yep, he is just so LOOOOOOONG! Both his momma and his daddy have that...now if he can just throw his momma's udder combined with his sire's momm'a lovely attachments as well as cutting down on the number of kids I have to disbud...