The Goat Spot Forum banner

ponazuril vs toltrazuril

495 Views 5 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  Buck Naked Boers
Looking into getting this. I can get the ponazuril fairly easy. Is one better than the other?
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Okay guys after looking into these things alot and my veterinarians also looking at them. It's basically saying it is illegal to use in food animals... I'm assuming we are just looking past this and using it anyway. I'm not sure why I feel bad using it
Reactions: 2
I've never used ponazuril so I don't know.
Reactions: 3
So I’ve been trying to get ponazuril. Because they used that on my goat in the large animal Hosp. It is easy to treat. I think one dose. My vet said tho it can be very expensive and isn’t easy to get it?

But I’m going to look into that. Treating with albon is so frustrating because they hate it and it’s days and days of treatment.

I can’t find a good source of baycox right now either it seems. Grrrr.
Reactions: 1
Many medications say not to use in food animals. Reason being is there is either no info on withdraw or the time is long. So if you plan on processing for food..avoid the treatment.
Reactions: 2
Thank you for this information. This wouldn’t be an issue for us. None of our animals ever go for food. Just showing or breeders. So no worries!
Reactions: 1
1 - 6 of 6 Posts