poo from a pregnant doe???

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by alyssa_romine, Dec 12, 2007.

1. alyssa_romine

alyssa_romine Breaking Dawn Ranch

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
    her poo was fully formed when she first arrived here about 3 weeks ago. Now her poo is clumpy and soft but still formed. Her lids and gums are bright pink. She is still eating like normal. Weather is a bit wet but she has been doing this for a couple of days. There was no change in her diet. What could this be? It is lighter in color than when she first arrived. I was told that the doe's po will change as they near kidding and found that true with one doe but never paid any mind to the 2nd do that kidded. I was just wondering why her poo is like that.

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    this is Sheba the one who is due to kid soon right?

Sounds like her body is going through some changes right now

3. alyssa_romine

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
    yes, it is sheba. I saw her poo earlier and it seemed to be back to normal. I am locking her up at night but she is out all day with the others. She eats by herslef now so I know she is getting what she needs and so the others are getting more.

4. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Could it maybe have something with you moving her? Because she has come into a different environment? Even if you are feeding the same, I'm sure the stress of moving would have done that.

5. alyssa_romine

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
    it could be but why would it just now be showing up? She is back to normal so I think it was the damp weather.

6. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    That could be, weather changes do count as stress.