Poo Goo in my Buck??

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Kfin, Nov 27, 2010.

1. Kfin

Kfin New Member

Jun 23, 2010
    Canyon, TX
    I just found noticed today that Prince has a goo for poo, its not like watery diarehea but it is very goo like and I looked around his pen today and found several small droppings of this scattered over his pen, He is acting normal and went to eat when I fed this evening like normal. He has clean fresh water, access to loose minerals, Baking Soda, and a salt block, also has free choice coastal hay and alfalfa twice a day.

The things that have changed recently is, well I guess everything because he has only been with us for a week now. So all his food is different even his enviroment is different. But he has been breeding two does yesterday and today, and I did just add in some grain yesterday because we where going to be so cold at night I wanted them to have extra food to help stay warm.

So should I be concerned about this? Is there anything I could do for it to help him out?

2. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    How old is he? I ask because even though he is new, if he is under a year old coccidia can be brought on by stress.
    It's also likely the change in his diet, no grain til his poop is normal, freechoice hay and you can also give him some dry oatmeal to help bind him, if it does turn watery dose him with pepto bismol and have a fecal checked just to be sure it isn't cocci.

3. myfainters

myfainters New Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Lancaster, CA
    I agree with Liz. What do his eyelids look like? Are they pale?

4. Kfin

Kfin New Member

Jun 23, 2010
    Canyon, TX
    Well I was planning on doing a fecal today, but yesterday when we went to do the morning feed his poop was back to normal pills. I am thinking that he may have bloated while we where in town and was back to normal when we got home. He has access to Baking Soda and he could have medicated himself. I was thinking his belly looked a little larger that evening but by morning he looked normal.

So I am watching him for the next couple of days. But everything seems to be normal, in fact just a few minutes ago he was running all over his pen playing and jumping and having a good ol time. He was acting excited that the weather was colder lol.

5. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    It's good that he is back to normal....and good to keep an eye on him too.