Pooch experts ... help please - new picts

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by Cinder, Jan 29, 2009.

1. Cinder

Cinder New Member

Mar 2, 2008
    I'll tell you her 'story' after some of you more experienced goat experts give me your thoughts on when this girl might be due. She is 3 yrs. old and this is her 2nd freshening. Her udder has too much hair on it to get a good picture so hope these give you a good idea.

[​IMG]

Standing:

[​IMG]

Laying down:

[​IMG]

Anyone that can give me the exact day and time of delivery wins a new car!!! :ROFL:

2. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN
    Re: Pooch experts ... help please

Definately PREGO! I would say she is pretty close.....by the looks of her.

3. Cinder

Cinder New Member

Mar 2, 2008

Ok, with goatnuttys response I'll give you all the details so the rest of you can contemplate my frustration and give me additional/other advice:

I got this doe Aug. 27, 2008. She came into heat and was taken to the buck on Oct. 10, 2008. She apparently didn't settle and we thought was coming back into heat and was taken to the buck (who had no interest in her) on Oct. 27. She then did come back into heat and was taken back to the buck and he was all over her on Nov. 5th.

So, if she was bred the first time (Oct. 10), she would be due March 8th. We don't believe she was actually in heat the second time so that means the third time she was bred she would be due April 4th. That's when the breeder thinks it happened.

But look at her!! This is my first year ever with goat pregnancies and births but she looks way too big already to not be delivering until April! I AM SO CONFUSED!!!!! (Maybe she's having octuplets.. you know to keep up with that lady who had 8 babies a couple days ago. :ROFL: )

Could she have been bred the first time and come back into heat and the buck be all over her a month later but she already be pregnant?

And, just to really add stress to my life? I asked the breeder if it was possible that she was bred when I got her? She said ... it was unlikely, but possible. But that would mean she's due to deliver right now (anytime since last week).

I can't take this! :GAAH:

4. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN

Oh......So let me get this straight.....she is an ff, could be due in Feb. but more then likely March or April. Does she have an udder? She is huge already and by the pics it looks like she could have some discharge. I'm guessing she could be due in a month or so at the most. March 8 th may not be off. She could have come back into heat....but it is unusual.

5. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.

Cinder, She is a very pretty girl and sh looks so happy to have you taking picutres of her.

If you could get a utter shot, that MIGHT help. I say that she just MIGHT of taken the first time and the others heats were false heats. Now when she was with the buck the last time, do you know if she would have anything at all to do with the buck? Did she avoid him at all costs at least why you saw her?

6. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

Well it depends if she is starting an udder or not. SOme goats balloon up quick while others take their time. She seems to be carrying high so thats why she is so wide.

7. Cinder

Cinder New Member

Mar 2, 2008

This is her second freshening.. she had a successful, non eventful kidding last spring (not with me).

Sweetgoats asked:
    The 'third' time I actually took her myself and put her in the with buck. He was all over her but I didn't actually see a breeding. (I could barely get her in his pen, he kept climbing the gate while I was opening it!) They were together several days that time.

Lori - is that camera unit still offered?

8. Cinder

Cinder New Member

Mar 2, 2008
    I went out and took a couple pictures of her udder... lots of hair there so I don't know if these are helpful:

Here is her in August when I got her...

[​IMG]

Here's today...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I just dried her off last month.

9. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN
    Was her udder that size after she was dried off or has it gotten a lot larger? I guess what I"m getting at is was she completely dried off?

10. Cinder

Cinder New Member

Mar 2, 2008
    She was dried off completely - that's been the size of her udder since then. I can't tell that her udder has changed at this point but it's hard to tell with all that hair.. even feeling it. But... I'm so new at this...

11. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    She may end up waiting til last minute to fill her udder...by the looks of her though, I'd say you're in for at least triplets!

12. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Cinder, i would guess that she will deliver in the next few months for sure. ( :scratch: ). I have no idea what to tell you.

As for the camera, Sure you can use it but I have told another 4Her that she could also. I will have to see when her goats are due.

13. Cinder

Cinder New Member

Mar 2, 2008
    No worries Lori - I would use it immediately if it's available. However, if it's going to overlap with the 4H girl - make sure she gets it instead.

sweetgoats said:
    Lori - that hit me as really funny... I was hoping to get a little more specific (which month at least) from people! I guess you're not trying to win that car, huh? :ROFL: I'm just praying I don't need to make another panicked call to you during or after delivery.

14. greatcashmeres

greatcashmeres New Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Maine
    Cinder I'm wondering if you could do Later Palpation that's down the page on this link http://kinne.net/pregdiag.htm It might be worth a shot, because then you would know she's 3 1/2-4 months along. Might take some practice, and of course, if she lets you do it. :wink:

15. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.

No Who needs a new car? I need a new truck. :leap: I was in a accident last Friday and now they are going to total my truck. :GAAH: I do not know what I am going to do about pulling the trailer.

If you need to call me you go right ahead. I am here. I will find out when Sammy needs the camera.

I hope you took that as funny. I have no idea when she would be due, heck I had four does fool me and they are my own. So I would guess sometime in a few months. :leap: :ROFL:

16. Cinder

Cinder New Member

Mar 2, 2008
    sweetgoats said:
    Oh no! Are you Ok? I am so sorry - losing a vehicle really messes life up but it's more important that no one was hurt. If you can guess the correct date and time of my does delivery I promise I'll buy you a new truck.... it will be a Matchcar truck but stilll... :ROFL: