The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have given up for now trying to figure out if my does are pregnant. I have been "SURE" that one or both was with kid several times. I thought Hana was preggers late summer and due around mid-November. Nope. I think I am just not super skilled in the area of pregnancy detection. ;)

My girls have been with the buck all season. I'm thinkin' they've GOTTA be pregnant, right? But I thought I would see what you guys thought.

There has been no udder development so far. I have not seen our buck act bucky around Hana in a loooong time. That's one reason I thought she was pregnant. He acted a little bucky with Irma a few days ago--she peed for him, he sniffed it, and then just walked away and left her alone.

I haven't been paying super close attention to heats this year. I have an 11 month old, which makes it difficult to spend much time out in the goat pen observing. But if they are not pregnant now, I'm thinking I'm just gonna have to haul the baby out and do some heat watching for a little while because I really don't want to miss the window of opportunity.

Anyway, here are some pooch pics. Hana was not being cooperative and wouldn't raise her tail much for me. These are the best I could get. Let me know what you guys think.

Attachments

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Asking in French makes the pics of goaty hoo-has more classy. ;)
My thought exactly. LOL!

My dad (a vet) came over today and bounced their bellies, and said that he felt something hard in each one. Sooo...that's exciting! I always have a hard time telling what I'm feeling when I bounce their bellies.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts