Pooch Pics

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by dixiegirl3179, Feb 17, 2011.

1. dixiegirl3179

dixiegirl3179 Done lost her mind...

Jan 20, 2010
    Middleburg, FL
    Hey all

Starting a new topic so that it will be seen. These are pooch pics from the 7 month old doeling that I suspect is pregnant. I'm also including some of her cousin/half sister (moms are sisters, same dad) who is 1 week older for comparison. Oh and yes, I've started them on a loose, goat specific mineral (sweetlix meatmaker) because of the reddish tint to her hair.

[​IMG]
    This is Brandi's pooch...she is the one I suspect is pregnant.

[​IMG]
    This is a little better pic of her udder. Bessie's (cousin) is not visable between her back legs like that.

[​IMG]
    This one shows the size of Brandi's belly

[​IMG]
    This is Bessie's (the one I do not believe is pregnant) pooch, she doesn't have any udder showing between her back legs, so I had nothing to photograph there. When you feel her udder it's flat with just the teats coming off her belly.

[​IMG]
    This one shows how much smaller Bessie's belly is compared to Brandi's

2. dixiegirl3179

Jan 20, 2010
    Middleburg, FL
    I guess the nugget in the middle of Bessie's "pooch" isn't very helpful huh? lol

3. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I see an udder forming on the 7 month old doeling... so... I'd say... she is most likely preggo......

Left side is their rumen.... so sometimes... it will be slightly extended....

4. dixiegirl3179

Jan 20, 2010
    Middleburg, FL
    Thanks Pam, that's what I was afraid of.

It's hard to tell in the pictures, but Brandi (the pregnant one) has much more belly on both sides than her cousin/sister who is the same age. I was actually feeling her udder to feel what a non pregnant (or so I thought) does udder felt like when I discovered that she was swollen up. Brandi was born 7/13/10 and Bessie was born 7/7/10..so they're very close in age. Bessie has zero udder development. My 2, 1 year old pygmy does have the same amount of udder development, so I'm guessing they're pregnant too which is OK, I wanted them pregnant. My 2 older does are harder to tell because I'm not sure how much udder development on them may be left over from giving birth in July. They definitely have firm swollen area on their udders. I'm really worried about this because not only is she way too young for this but she's very small. The father was a small nigerian and they took after him. I can still lift her up relatively easily which means she is less than 50lbs. When I measured her at 6 months old she was 18 inches at the withers. Ugh..well lesson learned...now I know a 3 month old doeling can get pregnant, and the bucks will always be seperated from the does. I'll just keep my fingers crossed that it's a very small single.

5. comingsummers

comingsummers New Member

May 6, 2010
    Northern New Mexico
    I'm a total beginner, but I think based on the pooches they both look bred... I hope I'm wrong and that its just Brandi. Good luck to you, and keep us posted!