Pooch Test Combined with Udders! - I don't think she's preg?

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by lupinfarm, Aug 29, 2009.

1. lupinfarm

lupinfarm New Member

We got Cissy about a week and a half ago. The old owner mentioned that she was in with a buck and might be preggo. She had a baby in January 2009 and the babe was taken away on April 1st 2009. Her udders are quite large, she looks a bit bigger in the belly, and I'm certain her udders have grown since we got her!

Here's a couple pictures of her udders, and of her pooch area

IDK, I don't think she's pregnant.. but I guess time will tell.

Attached Files:

2. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Going by her udder, I would say that she is preggy, especially if you have seen it grow. If her kid was not on her at all she definately should have dried up by now.....and with it that size already, she could have anywhere from 2 weeks to a month to go.

3. Firestone Creek Farm

Firestone Creek Farm New Member

Jul 11, 2008
    NC, USA
  4. lupinfarm

lupinfarm New Member

LOL now i'm on the fence again, her udder looked like it was getting smaller, but then i noticed her belly seemed to be getting bigger?! so maybe it was a eye trick, because her stomach is bigger (i think?) her udders look smaller in comparison. OHHHH, I guess we'll find out when we find out.

5. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    oh teh crazy world of goats :GAAH:

6. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    I say she is pregnant. ;) Good luck! :greengrin:

7. lupinfarm

lupinfarm New Member

I don't know if this makes difference, but she has started to decide she doesn't like me touching her tummy just infront of her udders, otherwise she is nice and healthy but its like when you press on a pregnant womans stomach, the feeling is kind of off maybe? Who knows! ;)

On the bright side, I finally got a collar on my not-so-interested-in-being-patted Hermione :) And she let me pat her a bit.

8. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    In that picture, its hard to tell, but is her udder uneven?

9. lupinfarm

lupinfarm New Member

Yup, Sure looks like it is uneven. She only had one kid her first time around (which is the only time she kidded). A little buckling.

10. goatbless

goatbless New Member

Jan 10, 2009
    Florida
    When was she in with the buck? The udder alone isn't a great way to tell, since some does' udders don't fully deflate between kids... Her belly isn't very big in the pictures, so if she has been bred I would say it was only a single or she isn't very far along yet- but from what I've read about the pooch test I'm not even sure she looks bred. It's also worth noting that the tummy may appear larger a little while after getting her if she is getting better quality food and her rumen is healthier... Here's hoping she's bred anyways- it's really hard in my opinion to be sure without more info or pictures with a little time between them for comparison.

11. lupinfarm

lupinfarm New Member

See, I don't know when exactly she was in with the buck. The PO when I first saw them said that she was in with a buck about 2 -3 weeks ago (and this was in late August), but later said if she doesn't kid by the end of the first week of September, she's not pregnant. I think she's confused and means that you won't be able to tell until the first week of September if she is preggers.

She wasn't really on grain at her old place, and her and Hermione are getting grain now but even Hermione isn't significantly bigger like she is.

*shrug* who knows.

12. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Well, depending on how long you've had them, have you noticed heats with them? Most does cycle every 18-23 days and when in raging heat they will be noisy, flagging their tails, mounting each other and some have a bit of discharge as well as swelling of the vulva. This is the majority of does though, some will have silent heats and you won't notice it at all.

13. lupinfarm

lupinfarm New Member

I haven't noticed anything, nothing out of the ordinary but I'll keep an eye out. If she isn't bred, a heat should be coming up I would expect.

14. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    yup if she isnt bred you are correct. It really is hard to say. YOu should have answers soon though