Pooch test do you think she is pregnant?

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by WalnutGroveFarm, Dec 15, 2008.

1. WalnutGroveFarm

WalnutGroveFarm Senior Member

Sep 27, 2008
    Southern Ohio
    When I first got Sarah in Oct. I posted her pics on her to see if she might be pregnant. Cause I had bought her from an auction and she ranked of buck badly. Well I was told that maybe not at the moment but maybe it was to soon to tell if she just had been with the buck. But I have been watching her over the last two months and I think she might just be after all. Can you guys and gals look at the pics and tell me what you all think. And how far she might be along, thanks for all the replies I get.

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I say yes she looks to be pregnant to me

3. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Yep me too. :baby: :baby:

4. WalnutGroveFarm

Sep 27, 2008
    Southern Ohio
    Thanks for the replies, Im kinda scared because this will be my first kidding. Plus I dont even know when she is due so that worries me to. But I do believe she has been bred before so at least this wont be her first kidding. I guess now I just sit back and waite. Thanks again

5. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Yep she looks bred to me. I wouldn't worry to much about her kidding. She'll probably do great....most goaties do. :D Just watch for a big udder change. Most doe's udders will gradually fill the month before, but will become real full a day or two before to where you can definatley see an udder. It does depend on the doe though, each is different. Good luck! :thumb:

6. WalnutGroveFarm

Sep 27, 2008
    Southern Ohio
    Yea Im pretty nervous about it. I would never had bred her to have them in the winter. But since she was already bred not much I can do about it. Now when she gets real close then her bag should be pretty full of milk then, and she will be opening up in the back as if she is dilating. Sorry if these questions are funny sounding just want to do this the best I know how. Ok what should I give the babies medicine wise when they are born if anything. And since I dont know when she is due how do I know when to give her the Cd&t shot. Thanks again for your replies.

7. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN
    Hey, don't worry too much, and it being winter is ok mine are due any time now. We are all here to help you if you need assistance.Her bag may fill, may not till after she kids it all depends on the doe.I have some that do both.As for the babies...you will want to dip their navel in Iodine,if they are week Nutri-Drench or something along those lines.If you vaccinate them to early it will do know good so wait a little while to do that. I would give her the Cd&t shot when she starts to get an udder or you feel she will go within the next 14 days but that is JMHO. :shrug:

8. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    She looks to be building an udder already...She may be a month or 2 away from delivery, your location is similar with the winter weather as mine is and I usually have kids born mid February.....and they have done great too, no heat lamps here!

As goatnutty said, wait til her udder goes to the size of a grapefruit then give her the cd/t...if she has freshened before, her udder may stay that size til she delivers, when the kids come, dip the cords in gentled iodine and then again after a few hours as mom seems to clean those babies a bit too well. From those pics...she looks like my nigi Binky...in size as well and I know for a fact that Binky is due around March 13.

I'm sure your first kidding will be textbook as those moms always know what to do. :hug:

9. WalnutGroveFarm

Sep 27, 2008
    Southern Ohio
    Thank you all so much for your replies. I did notice today her udder does seem to be bigger to me but not much. But she has had a small udder ever since I got her. I think when they rebred her, it hadnt been long since she had weaned the last one. I did think about putting up a heat lamp when she has baby/babies. The reason Im so scared is cause the next door neighbor she raises goats said they would die in this weather so it got me real worried. She doesnt look that big size wise to me so maybe she is just going to have one, or maybe she has longer than what Im thinking. Im hoping she doesnt go till Feb, but who knows. I keep trying to see if I can see the babies move but Im no good at that. Thanks again for all the replies and Im sure I will be back for more help lol.