Pooch Test for my does

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by Ariel301, Nov 10, 2009.

1. Ariel301

Ariel301 Guest

Oct 12, 2009
    I think I may have some pregnant does, but since this is my first breeding season, some second opinions would be helpful!

First is Gracee. She was bred on September 1, and I haven't seen her come back into heat again. My buck did breed her again on October 31, but she was not in heat...he just loves to pin the does into a corner and have some fun with them. She has gotten really lovey and licks me constantly when I'm in the pen with her, which is not normal behavior for her. She's usually kind of grumpy. I'm not sure if that's from being pregnant or she's just finally warming up to us...she didn't get a lot of affection at her previous home.
    [​IMG]

Next is my doeling Bonnie. She's six months old, and was exposed accidentally to the buck as early as 2 months old. I did not see any signs of heat from her, and was thinking she may have been bred (she was getting very round!) but then on October 26 our buck got loose and got her...I don't know if she was in heat, out of heat, already bred...since he'll mate with a doe regardless of her heat status, he just forces them into a corner where they can't get away from him. Like I said, she's starting to get really, really round and tonight I noticed she may be starting to make an udder...I couldn't get that to show up in a picture, because of her color and long hair, but it seems just a tiny bit saggy under there.
    [​IMG]

This is Flora. I did not actually witness a breeding on her, but the buck was in with her while she was in heat twice, and her back end was all messy and sticky like she'd been bred successfully. She was bred the first time on September 2, but came back into heat and was bred again on October 16th. I'm sure it's too early to tell on her, but here's a picture anyway. She's also had a bit of a personality change since her last breeding--she was usually really friendly, and now she doesn't like me to touch her at all, especially around her back end.
    [​IMG]

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    The first and third I say yes --- but the middle one is hard because you pulled the tail up it distorts the area, sorry :shrug:

3. Ariel301

Ariel301 Guest

Oct 12, 2009
    Thanks. I was having trouble getting that middle one to cooperate; she tucks her tail in when I mess with her back end. I'll try to get a better photo.

4. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    oh I know how that is

also Junior does will start to develop mammary tissue even when not bred, so a small development isn't uncommon

5. Ariel301

Ariel301 Guest

Oct 12, 2009
    Ok, here is another try at a photo of Bonnie's rear end. The udder development is very slight, Stacy, so I guess I shouldn't take that as a sign of pregnancy just in itself. Good to know! She's a little dirty back there, please excuse that. It was too chilly out to try rinsing her off.

[​IMG]