Pooch test for my friend's Nubian.

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by Epona142, Aug 6, 2009.

1. Epona142

Epona142 The farm that Hope began

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    My friend, who is boarding my goats, just got two lovely Nubians. One SEEMS to be building an udder. She wanted me to take a picture and ask you guys what you thought.

The doe could have been exposed to a buck at the previous home, she has also freshened before.

I think no, despite the udder. I am holding her tail up a little bit.

[​IMG]

2. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    I have not a clue...will bump this up for ya. :wink:

3. Epona142

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    Thank ya :greengrin:

4. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    I'm going to say yes, her backend looks all fleshy....the udder looks like it is filling, nothing like a "deflated" dried out doe's. About how long ago would she have been exposed to the buck?

5. Epona142

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    I'm not sure really. Leah (my friend) just got the two new does a few days ago. The does could have been exposed to the previous owner's bucks at any time really, through the fence or just from an escape.

The udder feels like it's filling, it doesn't have the deflated feel to it my girls have at the moment, being dried off and open.

6. I know I say this a lot but I am just concerned. Looks like she could be pale back there so check the eyes. She may need a worming. Just to be safe. I would say she is bagging up some so it is possible, then again she is a dairy goat. :roll: Sorry used to the meat breeds. LOL Keep us posted on the progress.

7. Epona142

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    The flash on my crummy camera made her a lot lighter looking than she is. However, my friend does do a natural deworming on all her does, so if there is an issue, it will be taken care of. Thanks for the heads up though, you never know! :)

8. Firestone Creek Farm

Firestone Creek Farm New Member

Jul 11, 2008
    NC, USA
    I'm not much of an expert, but I'm going to say yes. She looks a little wrinkly and fleshy, not to mention the udder...

9. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

How far along would she be? Her udder is telling me yes, but her belly and back end are telling me no.
    beth

10. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
  11. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    According to her udder........ I'd say yes... :wink: :greengrin: