Pooch Test - Hallie

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by Epona142, Sep 19, 2010.

1. Epona142

Epona142 The farm that Hope began

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    I'm sure ya'll remember Hallie. She stood to be bred twice when I had Roadhouse here, but was too early in her possible pregnancy to see anything on the ultrasound when we took the group.

I haven't had time to pull blood, and quite frankly, I tend to avoid doing anything that overstresses her because of her allergy and lung scarring issues.

Do you know how hard it is to get a picture of the hind end of a doe who hates people? LOL

Thought it'd be interesting to see. She stays here regardless of whether she kids or not, but I had my camera out anyways soo..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

For Comparison, these are the pooch pics from a couple months after I got her.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And here's your reward, a nice picture of her LOL.

[​IMG]

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Im going to say no -- doesnt look like she took.

how many weeks should she be if did take?

3. Epona142

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    I have her down as due December 11th, but I believe that's according to the first breeding.

She's not shown any signs of heat since, but she's an odd one really. Was supposedly sterile, the breeder we rescued her from CLAIMS she kidded, and her teats don't look like the teats of a maiden doe, but, there's no way to really know if she's fertile or not. I mean, unless she kids come December, lol.

4. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    does bred in the spring/summer dont always take. The heats in the fall are usually more strong and you have a greater chance of her settling.

no she does look to have kidded before you are right. Some does just are harder to settle then others

5. Epona142

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    We have great luck with summer breedings here, but she might be a fickle one. My neighbor has a doe that never cycled until September.

Maybe she'll come in again at the end of the year, when I breed the juniors.

It's not really a big deal. I'd like her to kid, but if she doesn't, it's okay. I brought her home with the full knowledge she might never kid, and that's fine with me, especially now that the big pasture is fenced.