The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
249 Posts
I'm sure hoping someone with some experience jumps in here and helps you. I say yes because her anus is not tucked up tight under her tail, everything seems more relaxed? Her vulva is tight and sourounding area is puffy looking. That's what I see, but it's a lot of feeling for me at this point..with my inexperience it's hard for me to explain. Do you have any before pictures?

· Registered
115 Posts
Can you get a side view? I would say yes too but if I could see it from the side it would be a more for sure answer, the tip of her vulva is pointed down into a tear drop look, where most kinda stick up and turn upwards, but a side view would really help :)

· Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sorry it is sideways. I'm not sure how to fix it! Let me know if you need a new pic. I'm so excited that the guess is yes. I haven't noticed her in heat but I've also never seen a goat in heat. I swear her belly seems bigger already.....am I crazy? What are the sequence of changes I should notice?

· Registered
1,694 Posts
I would say yes.

I'm no pro at pooch test but what your looking for is that their pooch looks more relaxed. The farther a long they are the more relaxed and, for lack of a better word, droopy it will get. If you take a picture of your doe before she's bred and at a month along that may help you see the difference.

If no one else has one to add tonight I can add a pic of one of my doe's current pooch tomorrow. I would now but it's too cold out for me to venture out the the barn! lol. She's 2 months along and you should be able to tell the difference. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.