Pooch test Please & doe with limping problem?

Discussion in 'Waiting Room' started by Goat Crazy, Sep 21, 2010.

1. Goat Crazy

Goat Crazy New Member

Feb 8, 2010
    NE Ohio
    Emily should not be prego, but her size just keeps me wondering...... As far as I know the buck has not been near her, in her pen or anything. I was gone the last weekend in may,so if she's pregnant that would be the weekend any breeding would have taken place. So, due date would be 26-28 OCT.
    She is normally a stocky doe. If it weren't for her papers, I would swear she was half pygmy. This would be her third freshening.

My limping doe, I can't figure out what it is? She has been limping on & off for about 2 months, her leg feels fine not swollen or hot, her hoof is fine no hoof root or anything like that. She just limps around, she doesn't lay around and when she runs I don't notice any limp....its got me stumped :shrug:

Attached Files:

2. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Hmm..... :chin: due date 26-28 OCT....Is that a udder I see starting..?. if so.. the Due date and starting to fill in her udder ....sounds about right.....

As to her limping issue....She may of got slammed or lightly twisted her leg.... it may not be bad enough for bruising or swelling... that you can notice... but it is uncomfortable to her....
    If she runs around on it fine.... it is either she feels it more while walking on it ....or she is doing it for attention....believe it or not... I had a Doe limping... I to checked her out ...I found nothing ...so I let her go..... she started limping again...but... the funny part was.....she was limping on the opposite hoof.... :doh: :scratch: .....so I decided to go hide and peek out to watch her.....she then ....had no limp at all.... :shrug: ... I went out again and she started limping again..... :greengrin: :doh:

3. Goat Crazy

Goat Crazy New Member

Feb 8, 2010
    NE Ohio
    Her udder tends to sneak up on me, so I am not sure if she is filling and I don't have any before pictures:( Last year, she kidded on the 16th of sept. and I didn't notice her udder till 30 min. before she kidded! SO I am not sure if she is a last mintue filler or I just never really notice that she was filling her udder.
    No, its the same leg....I don't think she's faking it.....but I will try hiding and see what she does...

4. RPC

RPC Boer Goat Breeder

I would say she is prego but then again I am not super good at this

5. Goat Crazy

Goat Crazy New Member

Feb 8, 2010
    NE Ohio
    I kind of hope not.....I was planning to show her next year (though I don't think she'll place very well, but you never know). Maybe, I'll just take the kid at birth and dry her off.....then breed her for Aug.

6. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    she does look preggy. you can rebreed her in January if she is in good shape.