Pooch Test please - updated on page 2

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by HoosierShadow, Aug 23, 2010.

1. HoosierShadow

HoosierShadow Senior Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky
    Hey everyone, I got a doe a few weeks ago, that was in a pen with a buck, but don't know if she was bred. She was bred by our buck too, but I don't know if she was really in heat, and if she was it wasn't for long.

I hope you can see well enough, it's hard getting behind her because well..she wasn't named 'Wild Child' for no reason...hah....

Wild Child 8-22-10 FF
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

And just a stab at these two? They'd only be a month or so preggo 'if' they took, and I know everyone said 2 months for the pics for a pooch test.

Ithma - DEFINITELY was in heat and bred 4-5 times within a week! If she didn't take.....I'd be worried! I didn't get pic of her teats, but she'd be due at the end of Dec, and she's not a FF, so she has a saggy udder LOL
    [​IMG]

This is another young doe, Trouble, FF. We don't know if she took, but it's been at least a month or so I'd have to check my records. She was hand bred, so not sure she took <which is okay I'd rather her kid in March!>.

[​IMG]

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Re: Pooch Test please

save these pictures and use them as "before" pictures in a month for comparison. To early to tell

3. HoosierShadow

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky
    Re: Pooch Test please

OKay....here goes...update.

We're pretty sure Ithma and Wild Child are preggo. THey haven't come back in heat, and they were bred months ago, plus both are getting bellies. Okay so Ithma has always had a belly LOL But she seems to be getting wider and deeper, same with Wild Child who was a very narrow gal.

Wild Child - first pregnancy - due Dec 23rd
    [​IMG]

Couple pics of her from August
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Today....
    Whatcha doin' mom?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ithma - this would be her second pregnancy - due Jan 2nd
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Taken in August
    [​IMG]

Today
    [​IMG]

So what do you think?

The other doe I thought could be preggo, we're positive she wasn't as she came in heat almost 2 weeks ago.

4. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Re: Pooch Test please - updated

the red nubian definately looks preggers to me not sure on the Boer - she looks to have grown quite a bit - but she looks young and could just being putting on her "boer" thickness..... sorry - I know - not much help ... hehehe

5. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

need the tails up -- need to see the anus. Sorry cant say for sure without a full on shot :S

They look good though :)

6. HoosierShadow

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky

Thanks! I'll try to get better pics this evening. It was hard earlier, but with my kids home I can put the girls on a leash and have my kids hold them instead of trying to chase them around...they aren't fond of their backside being photographed LOL

7. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

oh I know! drives me nuts trying to get pictures of my girls.

8. HoosierShadow

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky

OKay so I only managed one shot of Wild Child the other evening, I had to chase her around, silly girl.
    If she is pregnant she'd have less than 2 months left.
    She has NOT come back in heat since she was last bred.

To me, she looks much wider than when we got her. I can't see a lot of Udder development, but when you feel her, it seems to be a little more flesh there? Sorry not sure how to describe it.

[​IMG]

9. RPC

RPC Boer Goat Breeder

I say yes to her being bred but I am still new to it

10. HoosierShadow

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky

Thanks Roger! And I agree, I am positive after seeing her today that she is preggo! :) I went out earlier and checked everyone, and she's getting more of a bag - it's starting to look more 'loose'
    Very exciting :)

11. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

Yep... Wild Child is preggy, her pooch shows an "untucked" anus and she has a softer relaxed look to her pooch.

12. HoosierShadow

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky

Thanks for explaining that Liz, I am still trying to learn how to tell with a pooch test, so this was very helpful :)

So... the girls will be due ---
    Wild Child --- Dec 23 ---CHRISTMAS
    Ithma --Jan 2 --- NEW YEARS

haha, I think they planned it this way to keep us busy during the holidays as if we wouldn't be busy already! But of course this will make the holidays so much more special :) Our first homebreds.

13. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

If you wait for another 2 weeks, you may be able to feel for kid movement on Wild Child...I tend to feel movement in my girls at around the mid 4th month mark.

14. HoosierShadow

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky

Thanks again Liz! I do go out and rub on their bellies - sometimes she's really skittish, and other times she will just stand ther, so I'll start checking for movement. She's not real big yet, but I remember our first two girls didn't get real big until about a month before they kidded.

I'll get some new pics of the girls and start a thread in the waiting room section....they will be kidding before I know it! Oh the excitement! But at least this time I am more certain of the date bred, my first girls we had no clue.

15. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

Congrats.... for the babies on the way...... Happy Kidding :thumb: :greengrin:

16. HoosierShadow

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky

Okay not sure on this doe.... She was bred in late Sept, hasn't come in heat again, and her due date would be Feb 25th.

What do you think?

This is Trouble I posted a pic of her above from a few months ago.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. HoosierShadow

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky
    I forgot to mention that my other doe that was bred the same time as Trouble, has a big belly, and looks pregnant. But, this would be her 2nd time <first was in July>. Trouble is a yearling, and first possible pregnancy. I'm excited about this one, she is my brat, and comes from a family of really nice, big boer percentage does. In fact, her big sis is our other red doe, Ithma who is due in a few weeks.

18. RPC

RPC Boer Goat Breeder

I want to say maybe. Leaning towards yes but not sure. She may just have a single and thats why she isn't very big.

19. jberter

jberter New Member

looks like it to me on your girl Trouble,,Love her color, and pretty girl... :love: question from a newbie??? After a doe has her first baby,,will they have twins from then on? I have only the Boer breed and both my first time girls had single babys this year,, Do you think maybe twins are in the future for me now??Just wondering... :shrug:

20. HoosierShadow

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky
    Thanks Roger and Jberter! I am hopeful! I'd love to have a baby from her at the end of Feb!

jberter - I think it just varies. I've heard of people getting a single, then getting twins, then another single. I've known some that had twins, then single, and another set of twins.