Pooch Test, Please :)

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by capriola-nd, Sep 24, 2008.

1. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    Okie, here is Claribelle's pooch. . . . she was bred on Monday, I hope. Does it look like she got bred to u??? I don't know why I'm so skeptical. . . . :shrug: She's not at all interested in Roy-Roy, in fact, she looks disgusted with him.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    Oh, sorry about the "blurryness" - had to use my camera phone, then tried to sharpen it on photobucket. Hopefully you can see it okay.

3. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    you need to wait a couple weeks for any changes to be noticed.

Goats are only in standing heat for aprox 24 hours most goats for less. So if she let him breed her and now isnt interested you just have to wait now to see if she settles. You will know if she doesnt come back into heat

4. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    I guess I shouldn't have said pooch test, it's not really that. Just, does it look like she was bred? I didn't see her get bred, just came home and saw this on her vulva. . . . I'm usually able to see the doe get bred, but I didn't w/ Claribelle.

5. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    Goat Head , had the same thing on hers after I stuck her in with Thor. I was at school so I didnt see them do anything. But yesterday would be the day she would come back into season, and she didnt want anything to do with Thor, but the discharge was there. Im thinking shes preggo

6. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Also....give it 5 days from the day she was with him...some does have a 5 day heat...I only had 1 girl do this in 7 years of breeding, but there is still that chance. And if she doesn't have the 5 day heat keep an eye out for her next heat...hope she is bred and settled :)

7. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    Okay, thanks everyone. I'm going to do a blood test in 26 days to test for pregnancy. Claribelle lives w/ me in Portland, the buck lives on the farm. So. . . . it would be kind of hard to tell if she was in heat without him around. She's usually loud anyways. :roll: My aunt is going to draw the blood, and hopefully I will learn - it only costs $7.50 if I send it in myself, so that's cool. :) Anyways, let u know how it goes!! :D