Pooch Test please!

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by gotgoats, Nov 7, 2008.

1. gotgoats

gotgoats New Member

Nov 10, 2007
    oklahoma
    I don't know if it is too early to do a pooch test, but I put her with a buck on Oct. 3rd. I haven't seen her come back into heat. Do you think she is bred? Thanks!

2. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    was she only in for 1 day?

I would say if you didn't see anything around 21 days later you could safely assume that she is bred! Congrats!

3. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I agree with....Allison :) ...if she hasn't came back into heat... I would also say ..she is preggo... :)

4. gotgoats

gotgoats New Member

Nov 10, 2007
    oklahoma
    What happened...I was cleaning out the bucks pen and I noticed that she was talking a lot and twitching her tail. (I have a small field that separates my bucks from my does). So I moved her in a pen and with him. She seemed very receptive, although he wasn't as excited. I kept an eye on them while cleaning, and I think he mounted her 2-3 times, but never sure if anything happened. So I am hoping for spring babies. Can you tell that early with a pooch test?

5. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Some more experience with the "pooch test" may be able to tell a month into pregnancy, but most are actually better "read" at about 2-3 months. Your little guy sounds to be as patient as any "goat nut" when it's time to see babies...your aiming him in the right direction! :hug: