Pooch test please

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by ecologystudent, Jan 24, 2010.

1. ecologystudent

ecologystudent New Member

May 29, 2009
    Lacey, wa
    These are from two does, both over 2 months from when they were bred. The first doe's tail is held up, because she never lets me take a picture of her with her tail up. I know that distorts the area, but if you could give me an opinion anyway that would be appreciated.

[​IMG] Mesa

[​IMG] Maggie

Thanks very much.

2. ecologystudent

May 29, 2009
    Lacey, wa
    Any one? Please? Maggie is 2 months along on her tail isn't lifted up by me. It's just Mesa, at the top, whose tail is lifted. Mesa should also be very close to kidding, if she is bred, so maybe that's why she's walking around with her tail down all the time?

3. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    its reallly hard to say because there are no before pictures :shrug:

4. ecologystudent

May 29, 2009
    Lacey, wa
    Oh, I didn't realize there had to be a before picture! Let me see if I can fix that- I think I took pictures back in early December- would that be far enough?

5. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    yup that should work :) it just gives me a reference point

6. ecologystudent

May 29, 2009
    Lacey, wa
    Ok, here's Maggie's hind end:[​IMG]

I can't find Mesa's, but I'll know in the next little bit anyway, I guess.

7. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Member

Oct 19, 2009
    I would say yes to Maggie... but I'm not a professional. Thought I should add that.

8. firelight27

firelight27 Hopelessly Addicted

Apr 24, 2009
    Southern Oregon
    I'm SO very far from a pro. I am asking opinions for my own doe on here. Lol. I'm still pretty new to goat breeding. But, this is good practice.

I would say no to Mesa and yes to Maggie. I say no to Mesa (especially if you think she'd kid any time), because her pooch is wrinkly (from what I've seen, bred does pooch looks very soft and mostly wrinkle free) and there is what looks like a pretty deep pocket under her tail. Again, from what I've seen, in a bred doe, that pocket kind of becomes less deep and more shallow...BUT, the photo looks like it was taken at an angle rather than straight on, and there are harsh shadows...so its hard to say.