Pooch Test Please

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by 1_goat_2_many, Aug 18, 2010.

1. 1_goat_2_many

1_goat_2_many New Member

Apr 22, 2009
    Ok....so these are my two 5 month old la mancha does. back in june, my nubian buck got in the pen with them. they were 3 months old at the time and he was 4 months. we didnt think much of it until the neighbor said he saw the buck "riding" on the does. i really really hope neither of them is bred but i'd like your opinions. they'd be right at 2 months now if they are. pics arent the best but i cant find my digital camera so i took these with my cell. if they are, what kind of precautions do i need to take? they are both about 60 pounds or so and quite tall and are growing steadily. i would never intentionally breed a doe this young.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. CrossCreekTX

CrossCreekTX New Member

Aug 10, 2009
    Central East Texas
    Black one, no. White one, maybe. They'll probably be ok. Just be sure they get plenty of green feed and their minerals.

3. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    they dont look to be to me :shrug: but I am sure its still possible - I do better with before and after pictures ;)

4. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Again, I have to agree with Stacey. I don't believe either are bred, BUT I have been wrong before.
    Post a picture again in a few weeks.

5. 1_goat_2_many

1_goat_2_many New Member

Apr 22, 2009
    Ok. The consensus was not bred for either doe. Which was fine because I am going to put them with the buck this month or next to be bred. Well the black doe looks different now in the rear end and has a bit of a poochy udder. She does have milk whick I found out by accident. I rub on their udders to get them used to being touched for when I milk them later on and barely pressed on her udder and milk came out. Anyway, heres before and after pics. The last time the buck got in with them was in june several times so she would have been bred then if she got bred. She doesnt look pregnant and I havent been able to feel and kid movement. She is also doing this weird stretching thing. I did manage to get a pic of her doing this. Pardon the quality....they were taken with a cell phone. Im hoping shes not bred but I need your opinions.

[​IMG]

Before Aug 17
    [​IMG]

After Oct 1
    [​IMG]