Pooch test please.....

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by peggy, Nov 6, 2010.

1. peggy

peggy Senior Member

Aug 10, 2010
    B.C. Canada
    Hi. I am new to this pooch test thing and thought I would post Sabrina's and see what you experts think. She was with a couple bucks and supposedly is due to kid around Feb. 14-15. That made her too young to breed but never the less, she may be. So I will deal with it. (bought her that way) Not sure if these are good enough but have a look and let me know. Thanks for the input.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    It's a little too soon for me to tell, if she is settled she's due around the same time as my Bailey and I know Bailey is preggy, not by pooch but by the fact that she hasn't been in heat since Sept 24.
    If she isn't bred, she'll be coming into heat around the 17th of this month, give or take a few days, by that time you will know for sure and take another pic just like the ones above, It's easier for me to tell once they've hit the 2nd month or more.

3. peggy

peggy Senior Member

Aug 10, 2010
    B.C. Canada
    Thanks liz. I will keep an eye on her. I noticed yesterday and today when the girls were outside and feeling frisky, that they were mounting each other. I don't know if this is a dominance thing like dogs do or if in fact they are coming into heat? Or are they just playing?? Chelsea is just over 4 months old and of course Sabrina is supposed to be bred. I have a lot to learn where the goats are concerned, it has been many many years since I had goats. It is so nice to have this forum to rely upon.

4. NubianLover

NubianLover New Member

Sep 19, 2010
    Nebraska
    Does mounting each other is a one sign of heat. My one doe did it. Then a couple days later was in standing heat.

5. peggy

peggy Senior Member

Aug 10, 2010
    B.C. Canada
    I thought that mounting was a sign of heat but Sabrina is supposed to be bred. Would she still do that??? I will keep an eye on her. The goats are new to me so I am just now learning their habits and personalities. Thanks Becky

6. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    I have 3 preggy does..1 is at 7 weeks the other 2 are at 5 and 6 weeks, I've seen all 3 of these girls act bucky towards my small pygmy doe when she's in heat.

7. peggy

peggy Senior Member

Aug 10, 2010
    B.C. Canada
    Thanks liz. That is reassuring. I think that maybe Chelsea is the one in heat and Sabrina (the preg. one) is acting bucky toward her. I hope, I hope.....