Pooch test please!

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by mommaB, Jan 2, 2011.

1. So I thought I would get some better pics of Candy's "pooch" and see if it made any diff? Last time I had to do it from 15 feet away and her tail was kinda in the way.

Anywho......I am just holding her tail trying not to pull in the pics. She is a very difficult doe to work with. She HATES when you try to touch her anywhere from the shoulders back, and tries to bite :shrug:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Those were the best I could get!

Thanks in advance!

2. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Are you pulling her tail up or back? she looks wide- but I can't see any udder development and that is what concerns me.... especially if supposed to be due anytime - she should have something. Can you feel anything when you bump her - you would feel kids for sure.

3. Her belly feels tight. I have not bounced her, but i haven't felt any movement either? I SWEAR her udder has developed a little since she has been here! I just Don't know? And the only reason I question not being able to feel kid move ment is for one you can't hold her that long, and two I never felt kids move in Liza???? Maybe I'm just retarted???

4. oh just gently lifting her tail

5. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    She looks bred to me. It looks like at least another month to go though? When was she bred?

6. Weeeelllll Thats part of the problem. Sunshine got her bred, and she was supposedly due within the next couple of weeks????????????

7. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Im leaning 80% that she is bred

8. Ok, so I am getting more and more convinced she IS bred. I'm thinking she just might be one of those does that does the last minute udder.
    I asked Sunshine to come look at her today cause I SWEAR there has been change in the last couple of days. Sunshine doesn't get to see them everyday, so I figured it would be more noticable to her. She thought it looked a tad bigger too! So that's good. Also if you feel her ligs they are not like an open doe. They are definitly more squishy, a little harder to find.
    So I'm thinking she may just be closer to the end of the month! :pray: for warmer weather!