Pooch test Please

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by Kfin, Jan 27, 2011.

1. Kfin

Kfin New Member

Jun 23, 2010
    Canyon, TX
    I know I have already done a preg test on the girls but I am wanting to learn more about the pooch test so wanted to post them and see what the experts say. I am trying to figure this pooch thingy out lol.

Padme
    [​IMG]

Panda
    [​IMG]

Posha
    [​IMG]

I notice the biggest change in Panda and Posha but I have trouble seeing the change in Padme.

What do you notice that would make you say pregnant in these pics?

2. Robynlynn

Robynlynn New Member

Jan 18, 2011
    NW Iowa
    Ya know some of mine don't change until closer to kidding.....about the time thier udders start to change they get a little poofy too and right before kidding it's very obvious. If other goat owners can tell earlier than that, then I don't kow what they see???? :shrug:
    awesome looking does by the way! :wave:

3. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    I can usually tell with most does around the time they are at the end of the 2nd month of pregnancy. What I see is a relaxed softness to the entire area under the tail, the anus is drooped and not tucked up and the tail base seems fleshier.

Kassie...those are awesome pics of before and after...the progression of each doe shows. Hold onto them for future reference....even when comparing other does, these pics show what a "preggy pooch" looks like. :thumbup: